Homepage Forums Bugs 0 FPS in Driver4VR Kinect 360

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    lwaite9lwaite9
    Participant

Hey, I’m able to run calibration sometimes, but usually the driver4vr window reports 0 fps and everything freezes, but the kinect is still running.

I can confirm its not the kinect locking up totally, as closing driver4vr and moving to KinectStudio’s demo app Kinect Explorer gives me a full 30 FPS solid and tracks perfectly fine.

Please help!

No-XNo-X
    Participant

same here I get 0 fps after 1-2m

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

can you try change usb port?
    if you have oculus, then you can use only one oculus sensor and test.

lwaite9lwaite9
    Participant

No, I removed one sensor and still having the kinect fail after a few seconds.

lwaite9lwaite9
    Participant

I should add that I just thought of something else, I have RiftCat so I used that and the kinect, with nothing else plugged in (my usb devices are key/mouse, wifi card, and kinect only, and it STILL dropped to 0 mid-calibration.
    (as well as complaining that my HMD wasnt tracking which was expected behaviour)

I’m at such a loss on all of this at this point

No-XNo-X
    Participant

same here the FPS drop to 0 and freeze and I’ve to re open Drover4VR and after 1m-2m same drop to 0

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

Please send me diagnostic logs as described here.

VonVon
    Participant

I’m having the same problem.

Ethan BibbEthan Bibb
    Participant

Im getting the same problem

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

can you verify your Kinect as described here?

D TXcalibur
    Participant

Hi Greg,

I notice that it happens frequently in two occasions:
    – controllers out of KinectV1 range (i got the big POI balls so it’s better 🙂
    – fast movements (i guess it exceeds the 30Hz tracking)

Sometimes, it even stay stuck at some position(longer than arms length) until i physically move the controller back to it or Driver4vr frozen and cannot be terminated (Driver4vr fps 0).

Is it possible to improve how Driver4vr error handles *tracking loss or cpu overload)? Crash recovery, restart, etc…

Thanks.

PS: I have to be so far away because of the narrow fov of KinectV1 (to be able to grab objects on the ground and wave my arms in the air). That means my controllers are even further down range when facing slightly away from sensor (~3m to 4m).

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by D TXcalibur.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

can you ensure that you have check Disable ROI in colour calibration?

D TXcalibur
    Participant

No. In my case, I need the CPU overhead for running the game… 🙁

Jerame MarksJerame Marks
    Participant

Are you Using a phone For VR? And using AMD, It will not Work. Lookup Vrtek Windows Headset. Its caped at 40 to 30 Dollars USD. but Does not Have Head Tracking/Sensors

D TXcalibur
    Participant

I no longer have the problem. I’m now using Vrtek WVR2 now. I have enough CPU overhead now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.