Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Trouble with Riftcat and Calibration

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    malceoremalceore
    Participant

Hi,

I am demoing this product and running into some trouble. I have a Kinect 360 which I have tested and working with the Kinect Sdk demos on a Windows 7 desktop.

But even after a few hours I cannot get by the first portion of the calibration to pass. I usually stand about five to ten feet away but it tells me it’s either not tracking or that the position is too similar. Is there something I am doing wrong or any thing I can do to get some help with this?

Thanks,
    Mal

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

there is info what kind of problem happens during calibration. can you check and tell me ?

malceoremalceore
    Participant

Usually it is ‘hmd not tracking: or that I am in a ‘position too similar’ to the last. How far should I be standing from the Kinect, do you recommend that we purchase one of those zoom lenses?

Thanks.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi.
    i just ordered zoom lensesn and will try them as they arrive next week probably.
    i’d say you should try 3 points standing and 2 with lower position.
    perhaps first try without kinect how much is your area.

malceoremalceore
    Participant

Okay I’ll try again with an even bigger space tonight and let you know how that goes. I usually have about twelve by twelve feet. Keep me posted on those lenses, the reviews looked really mixed.

Du1g0Du1g0
    Participant

I have the Nyko Zoom lens, and the difference is night and day,

No, its not as good as xboxone tracking but it does make a big diffwrwnce with regards to playspace

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

i just ordered nyko lens. they seem to make big difference but visually seem to be bit shaky. i will see if I can improve it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.