Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Support for Windows mixed reality

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    danuzcadanuzca
    Participant

Hi everyone, first i would like to thank the developer for taking the time to give us a why we should get that kinect out of our closets and wipe it’s dust off.

Is there any plans for windows mixed reality, or anyone here got to use their kinect with the headset and controllers, I have been trying to get it to work.

Firstly I tried setting it up with tracking the headset and body tracking with the kinect, first angle calibration works but going into the other setup of calibration is disabled, and the best I can get in vrchat is to see my mixed reality controllers flying away, I appear to be underground but the good news, is I can get to see the white balls for skeleton tracking when I am loading controllers seem fine there.

Second I tried using the built in headset tracking, and for some reason this time no white trackballs, my avatar was smushed in the floor a could not move the avatar at all although I was not underground anymore.

If anything I could do to help, I am not the most experienced programmer out there even just testing anything.

Regards,
    And thank you in advance.

Specs:
    kinect 360
    Windows mixed reality
    Nvidia 1080 gtx
    i7 3770k
    16gb ram

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

Hello.
    For WMR only supported is body tracking.
    I got my Dell finally and tested with Kinect 360 and one.
    Calibratino passed ans I have no issues.

So what exactly happens when you do body calibration? What is error message if any ?

danuzcadanuzca
    Participant

Hi Greg Thank you for the fast reply.

I tried using only body tracker I can see the skeleton and It tracks quite well but when calibrating I tried standing and not moving all I get is the Boo sound.

Would you kindly describe how did you set yours up. Maybe I am missing something, since all guides Out there are for other headsets

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by danuzcadanuzca.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

when you hear ‘boo’ in same time you should have problem displayed on headset overlay and driver4vr widnow. kindly check and let me know.
    you need capture 5 points. best is 3 different points while standing and 2 points while crouching.
    greg

danieluzcadanieluzca
    Participant

Hi reporting back here I finally got it to calibrate, in steamvr I could see vive controllers in my hips and feet, really nice but when I got into vrchat could not get it to work properly I standed in front of the mirror and was not moving at all, was trying to troubleshoot everything and my account trial expired, if I could get it working I would definitely buy the app, but with the trial expired I can’t know if this is going to work for me.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

@danieluzca,
    your trial works whole week.

acp_superflyacp_superfly
    Participant

Every time I try using my Dell WMR the Hip and leg trackers are under the floor and away from me. I’ve tried searching for a proper set up but I guess I’m not using the correct terms because I can’t find anything.
    My set up is:
    Dell Windows MR
    Kinect v2 (I do also have a V1 but I’m not using it right now)
    gtx980
    16 gigs ram

Driver4VR tracking:
    Head = off
    Hand = off
    Body = Skeleton

Mixed Reality portal:
    Boundary is off (if I have it on it puts the 3 trackers even further away)

I have been able to calibrate successfully but the trackers are still in the wrong spot.
    Is there something I am missing? Again I couldn’t find anything on setting this up with WMR
    Thanks in Advance

acp_superflyacp_superfly
    Participant

I was trying this as I was writing my last post, and after I walked out of view of the Kinect and submitted the post, it started tracking me as soon as I walked back into view. Interestingly enough when I started VRChat, the boarder turned back on and I didnt have any issues, in fact it helped me judge the best place for me to stand for the tracking.
    Now, maybe, there’s a reference for someone to look at when using their Kinect with the WMR.

Now I have to wait for v4 for Driver4vr ๐Ÿ™‚

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

i tested both kinects with dell.
    your settings seems to be right.
    can you tell me if immediately after calibration is over, error is small ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.