Homepage Forums Body tracking Program crashes upon calibrating with camera markers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Riley FieldsBlueCyro
    Participant

Hi, just bought driver4vr and wanted to try the camera tracking method with the printed tracking markers. I noticed however that the program encounters an exception upon trying to calibrate the camera markers as shown here: https://hastebin.com/opuzudikaz.md

Am I missing a later version of some sort of redist or something? Much help would be appreciated as I wanna get some budget foot tracking going on. The manual calibration is extremely tedious and seems to lack a few rotational settings for my specific setup. E.g. can’t rotate or scale the space so that the camera angle and the scale of the motions (feet moving too far and drifting for example) match up to my own

Riley FieldsBlueCyro
    Participant

Furthermore, I’ve been rather disappointed with the manual calibration I’ve achieved so far – the further I move from the calibration point the more the feet drift. I don’t know if this is an issue with scaling or something, but it’s rather annoying having my feet move too far when I move them around.

Riley FieldsBlueCyro
    Participant

As I’ve come to realize, the automated setup isn’t implemented yet. However – for those of you who might also be wondering – I managed to fix drifting by adjusting the tracking marker size above or below what the tracker actually is to account for the differences in camera focal length. You must also mount the camera so that it’s level with the floor, you can’t have it angled up or down as far as I’m aware.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Riley FieldsBlueCyro.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

does it work now ?
    what window did you see the crash?

Riley FieldsBlueCyro
    Participant

I see it on the automated calibration window (5 points) when trying to utilize the camera markers, I had to manually calibrate which is tedious, but doable.

Riley FieldsBlueCyro
    Participant

P.S. Also in the camera marker setting window, you can’t reset Tr. 1 for some reason

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.