Homepage Forums New feature Possibility to map keyboard keys to controller for calibration

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    D TXcalibur
    Participant

Hi Greg,

In RiftCat, it is possible to assign keyboard key(s) for re-centering of HMD when it drifts too much out of calibration.

Is it possible to have a way to trigger this recentering with PS Moves?

The reflector positioning option sounds promising though. It beats using the drifty phone sensor that needs resetting after a bunch of large head rotation. If that is the case, does it takes over position and 360 degree orientation?

FYI, the automatic calibration button doesn’t work for this: after a while, the controllers axis will be pointing elsewhere even when they are in the right position. It’s really the HMD’s calibration that needs to be reset. What do you think?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

yes. but the cause of this is controller or hmd drift? if both controllers start pointing wrong but same direction and they are not properly aligned to head then it is probably hmd.
    do you use riftcat and tried reset if it helps ?

D TXcalibur
    Participant

It does. But it’s a keyboard key that i have to go back to every 30min. or so. I’m wondering if it can be on the controllers instead. RiftCat only takes keyboard shortcuts. As in is it possible to map a calibration gesture and/or combination of buttons on PS Move to keyboard key(s) for this purpose?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by D TXcalibur.
    lefunestelefuneste
    Participant

Hello, I used VR only for flight simming, so I do not have controllers. So it should be a great option to use keyboard key or joystick button like VR controller button.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

ok. i see now. yes. i can add ability to send button. perhaps by keeping start longer.

@lefuneste
    kinect is tracking your hands and you can use vr gamepad to press buttons.
    as such gamepad does not have orientation i made simple assumption it would follow your head. however I have some plans to make it more flexible.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.