Homepage Forums Bugs NoloVR tracking

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    migeromigero
    Participant

Hello Greg
    I have been using driver4VR some time now with steamvr here are my list of things that are wrong with Nolo.

I left hip tracker hanging with controllers for 10 min after that time controllers turn off when i turn them back on they have reversed Yaw 180 here is video from my headset + Visualizer from nolo showing difference.

in 0:38 i double press the controller to recalibrate it .I have to do it everytime the controlers go to sleep its very annoyng.

Next is sometimes the hip tracker drifts off 180 degree sometimes 90 or lower after some time its no longer in same ortientation, so recalibrate again …

hope u did not abandon Nolo.
    Thank you
    Migero

• This topic was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by migeromigero.
    Marcus GallerCatsix
    Participant

I do agree here, Ive had the same issues with Driver4VR usage of Nolo, with my controllers being reversed and the hip tracker changing position and rotation in SteamVR when in rl they dont.

Im not sure what code Driver4VR is using for this, but I do remember a similar Thread from another VR Hybrid software that used Nolo.
    In the end it came out that the old SDK from nolo was the cause of a lot of issues but with the new SDK everything worked fine.

https://github.com/NOLOVR/NOLO-Windows-SDK/issues/8

Anyhow hope this can get fixed, a lot of Rift users want to use FBT and nolo using actual trackers is the best way to go atm.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

i will look.

migeromigero
    Participant

oh and one more thing when hip tracker discornects driver4vr crashes

migeromigero
    Participant

any progress on this Greg have u tested same behavior ?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

i think first thing you should disable 180 degree rotation as it is not applicable for body tracking use case.
    i will test drift tomorrow.

Marcus GallerCatsix
    Participant

Just wondering regarding an update due to the timeframe you gave. Have you been able to witness the drifting? My Hip rotation still messes up randomly(I think not being able to see it may cause it? not sure)

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

sorry but i was updating site today with new gdpr rules.
    will check tomorrow.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi. i am looking on this. there is indeed problem with position of tracker that is used for hips.
    however I was not able to see any drift.

Marcus GallerCatsix
    Participant

Were you able to confirm the hips rotation being randomly off? Just a bit, like 15°-45°
    Not sure when that happens, Im still thinking its when your hip tracker isnt in view for a bit and comes back into view.

migeromigero
    Participant

as for rotating 180 changing button to turn does nothing on all settings so just do a test where controllers lay down until they turn off then turn them back on.

as for hip yes position seems also abit off visible mostly when trying to lay down.
    rotation seems to drift at random mostly after sitting for 5 min for me will try to record some timelapse video

migeromigero
    Participant

recorded a video of my hip tracker driffting 180 after calibration sadly steamvr rotation is not visible in video
    but i see it did ineed rotated and avatar hip is rotated
    sometimes rotation 360 helps me turn it back but not this time

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by migeromigero.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi.
    yes. it is a bit hard to see as before you turn everything is fine and after turn it is 180 degree rotated.

perhaps you can try this release. it is based on new sdk. i did not see any drift. after I turn them on, they go to proper position and it really works nice.

can you confirm if you see same behaviour in nolo preview ? alternatively you might also try android tetris and tell me if you see same drift problem. this is to verify if the probblem is not with your hardware as I really cannot see any point where I could do something related to drift.

test build is here.

DesunyanDesunyan
    Participant

I noticed a bug with calibration process. Origin point of VR representation of Nolo controllers displaced back from base station approximately by 10 centimeters after calibrating. Both real Nolo controller and virtual representation rotating around origin point.
    Calibrated with contoller directly in front of headset touching headset center. When I move contoller farther away from headset when calibrating, distance between real and virtual controllers increasing. I have a feeling that controller must be located in front of headset lenses when calibrating right now to counter displacement.
    Experimented with different controller positions relative to vr headset and sampling points when calibrating with no success – controllers always displaced.
    Attached a picture to explain this better.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.