Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting No supported USB 3.0 port detected with expansion card installed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    moonbreeze4moonbreeze4
    Participant

I bought a PCI-E to USB 3.0 expansion card from amazon since my motherboard may not support kinect 360. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011LZY20G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used a 4-pin power cord to provide extral power supply for the usb port, but in Kinect V2 Configuration Verifier, it still said ‘no supported USB 3.0 port detected’.

I can see the new USB 3.0 Controller in my device management menu, and it works fine when I test with my other usb device.

The motherboard I use is MSI Z87-G45 with 4770K cpu.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by moonbreeze4moonbreeze4.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by moonbreeze4moonbreeze4.
    Carlos Riverabad.boo
    Participant

oh well, I just ordered the same thing.
    Did you install the drivers for that pci-e card?

moonbreeze4moonbreeze4
    Participant

Yes the model number is RC-508, I downloaded driver from their website. I also try to plug it into a pci-16x slot, but it didn’t help. It works for all my usb device except kinect.

Carlos Riverabad.boo
    Participant

I am going to plug this on the only pci-16x slot I have left too lol
    oh well, I should be getting it this week. So I can come back with my experience with that. A bit worried now lol

Carlos Riverabad.boo
    Participant

I got this PCI card today and it seems to work well. I haven’t tried the VR but ate least all this time I have been on my PC I haven’t seen the disconnecting and reconnecting issue. So it should be fine.

this is the car I ordered:
    Rosewill RC-508 USB 3.0 PCI-E Express Card

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.