Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Kinect Option not visible \ xboxOne Kinect

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    EnormouseEnormouse
    Participant

Hey there!

New to the forums but I have an xbox one kinect sensor setup and am looking to use it for full body tracking in vrchat with my WMR headset and controllers. I have a couple of friends who have done this and it’s worked out well but I’m having an issue that I can’t figure out for the life of me.

When I launch Driver4VR no matter what I cannot find the body tracking with xbox kinect section/checkbox. The lowest option I have is the “Virtual move, rotations and buttons” options. Searching in the devices section shows nothing, I have reinstalled and restarted multiple times.

The kinect is definitely working, showing all the correct lights and passing everything in the kinect configuration verifier. Any idea why the option isn’t showing up? Am I missing something super simple?

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance, Rose

Carlos FelicianoLoupDuJour
    Participant

I was wondering the same thing myself.

Carlos FelicianoLoupDuJour
    Participant

NO KINECT LISTED IN PROGRAM
    – Xbox One Kinect in Device Manager
    – Kinect SDK v1.8 Installed
    – Kinect Runtime v2.0_1409 Installed
    – Kinect SDK v2.0_1409 Installed

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

you need turn everyting off.
    just select body tracking to kinect – skeleton
    and then perform calibration as shown in videos.

Markos PriftiMarkos Prifti
    Participant

I just got a Kinect One to use with Windows MR for full body tracking and I spent almost an hour trying to find out why calibration would not work even if I moved accross the room. Turns out you had to be inside the white screen in SteamVR, there you could hear the applause when calibrating.

Since I was using the WIndows MR home to go to the desktop and start the calibration from there it wasn’t working for me.

Anyways, when you say that you can’t find full body tracking option you mean you don’t get this menu?

Are you on the latest Windows 10 update? Did you install the Kinect One SDK? If it’s installed you should be able to open the Kinect Studio 2.0 and click the connect button to see if your Kinect is working properly.

Otherwise, try another USB 3.0 port. I know that the Windows MR headsets already use 1 so it may not be possible but that fixed the problem for me, because for some reason the front 3.0 connectors wouldn’t let my Kinect One work properly although it did get recognized.

Attachments:
    Markos PriftiMarkos Prifti
    Participant

My bad, I posted the same picture twice, here’s the Kinect Studio.

Attachments:
    cloud-01cloud-01
    Participant

Hi I have a quick question I am having a issue with my driver4vr. Basically the program isn’t seeing the Kinect when I start the program the Kinect switches on and stays on but the app for deiver4vr only seems my headset and controllers, I have absolutely everything installed correctly the right Kinect sdk’s etc I actually watched a tutorial to help me but it just won’t see them when I press the start button nothing happens also, could you help with this as I am unsure what the issue could be.
    Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.