Homepage Forums Body tracking Kinect and arms extension

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David HarrisonDavidOBE
    Participant

Hi,

I am currently playing with GEARVR through ALVR. I managed to make the XBOX controller works to play some game with Driver4VR or sometime, I am using just the GearVR controller with a freepie script to allow arm extension.

I am currently planning to use the wiimote I have once I get my USB bluetooth.

If I have a Kinect, would I be able to not use Freepie and use Driver4VR to detect my arm extending to grab an object? Or the Kinect doesn’t allow to do that?

Thanks!

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

what is “GearVR controller with a freepie script to allow arm extension” ?

David HarrisonDavidOBE
    Participant

Here’s the details:

Phone: Galaxy A8 + Gear VR
    Connection through SteamVR: Using ALVR

With the basic setup, I can only rotate the controller, but I cannot move it farther away to grap something since it’s only 3DOF.

While browsing, I found the following freepie script:
    https://github.com/dnnkeeper/ALVR/releases

In the file ALVR_NoVR_v03.7z, there is a script called “GearVRExtendedController.py”. With this script, I can just swipe my thumb on the GearVR controller trackpad and the virtual arm will be able to move like a 6DOF controller.

My question was if I use the Kinect and the wiimote using Driver4VR, will I be able to just extend my physical arm in front of me and my virtual arm will also extend to be able to grap something in the game? Or I will only be able to move it up and down and left and right, not front backward?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.