Homepage Forums Bugs Kinect 360 -> Settings [ unsaved ]

Tagged: 

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    pho3nixpho3nix
    Participant

Hi,
    Small issue, each time I enter settings – are default optinos choosen, no matter what I set up, in:
    -position [ seat/stand,
    -kinect vertical position is 0
    Other like angle correction are saved.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by pho3nixpho3nix.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by pho3nixpho3nix.
    BasVRBasVR
    Participant

I would also like a little more info on the settings and how to use them.
    Just an example like ‘Use this setting when you don’t place the kinect straight in front of you’ or something.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Yes, I am gonna fix this in one of following releases but not necesairy in next one.
    First physics parameter is about smoothing position. The last one is how many samples we take to calculate speed forecast and middle one is basically level to which we apply speed forecast.

So first is smoothing and lagging and second and third are adding forecast to correct this lag. I will put it in one place that info.
    Greg

BasVRBasVR
    Participant

Thanks. Yea I know it’s beta so things will come over time.

I have my kinect360 set up 45 degrees to the left, how do I tell Driver4VR that? Sometimes it works but other times it’s going in the wrong direction, weird.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

BasVR,
    Can you tell what is your setup? Is this ps move? There is parameter coorection angle where you can adjust direction of the coordinates.

BasVRBasVR
    Participant

No PSmove. Only kinect360 but placed a little to the left of me

coxo2436coxo2436
    Participant

no matter what I do I cannot get this driver 4 vr to work all of the video instructions I have followed to the letter but still no joy waste of BUCKS

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by coxo2436coxo2436.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

Coxo,
    There is trial persiom that I recommend to use. And driver should run out from the installation. Can you tell what is your setup: controllers, headset and use case for driver?

Greg

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

Bas,
    What controllers do you have? Try using correction angle.

BasVRBasVR
    Participant

My controllers are Leap Motion hands but this is just a Kinect thread, right? 😉

Maybe you should also create seperate bug topics for all devices your software supports.

I have my kinect360 at a 45 degree angle to the left. When I set the ‘çorrection angle’ to 45 it works great. But sometimes it doesn’t and I try to find what’s wrong because I can move but the angle is wrong. Going forward makes a lateral movement, etc.

So there’s a bug somewhere to be crushed.

coxo2436coxo2436
    Participant

so where is this trial version you speak of??

coxo2436coxo2436
    Participant

some support PLEASE

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

Bas, do you have riftcat or trinus and then did you reset headset orientation?
    I am away till end of week but will test on Monday.
    I think it will be ok for now to keep general Bugs forum if we stick to one topic one thread. In this case we will continue as we are I think 😉
    Greg

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Bla BlablaGreg Driver.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

Coxo,
    You have trial period for a week to decide if you want to buy or not.
    If you tell me which function does not work for you I will try to help. Is this head tracking? Kinect or Leap Motion?
    Greg

coxo2436coxo2436
    Participant

i already purchased the full product

coxo2436coxo2436
    Participant

i dont know how to do that
    how faraway should i be from the kinect 360 ?
    I really want this to work I have been on it for over 2 weeks now I must be doing something wron
    do I run pimax software first or steam vr or Driver4VR in what order
    I was under the impression from the video i saw on youtube that there was setting up required ( THERE IS NO SUCH THING as Plugnplay with micro$oft

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Ok. So you use Kinect 360. When it starts then press Settings button and you should see visualisation of skeleton. Make sure it is tracked and set up your kinect and room.
    If there is any other problem let me know.
    Greg

coxo2436coxo2436
    Participant

but that’s the problem the skeleton doesnot show
    HOW the hell do I paste an image ?????????????

Du1g0Du1g0
    Participant

coxo2436, did you install the latest Drivers for Kinect 360 and the Kinect SDK – Note that the 360 drivers are different to the Kinect 2.0 drivers

coxo2436coxo2436
    Participant

yep the latest kinect sdk 1.8 and kinect developer tools 1.8
    the kinect sdk 2.0 is only for xbox one

coxo2436coxo2436
    Participant

i KNOW THERES SOMETHING WRONG SOMEWHERE BECAUSE I HAVE TO KEEP UNPLUGGING AND RE PLUGGING THE 360 IN before it will be recognized and only the into a usb3.o powerd prt (pcie intatek)

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

Hi,
    I would say you need to check if Kinect is working properly in first place even before Driver4VR.

Get Kinect SDK
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40278

And then navigate to any of test apps like one that do skeleton tracking and tell me if that works.

Greg

coxo2436coxo2436
    Participant

yes ,I know, I have done all that heaps times over and still nothing works.
    I want to know how you got yours to work with no problems

coxo2436coxo2436
    Participant

and now when I run Kinect service it says on the bottom ( in really tiny letters) “no ready Kinect found”

Du1g0Du1g0
    Participant

That would suggest the usb is either exceeded bandwith or there is a problem with your adapter (happened to me once, the light came on but the usb cable was damaged,i had to replace the adapter).

Things to try-

Hook your kinect up to an xbox 360 to make sure its not damaged.

If not then its the adapter or the usb bandwith.

Try a different usb hub, and try again, remove all other usb items to test.

If it works then you know its usb bandwith – one solution is to buy a powered usb hub.

If it doesnt work then replace the adapter, they are relitavely cheap on amazon and ebay.

Good luck

CaTaPulTCaTaPulT
    Participant

I’m using the Kinect One (Not V2), some people on VR Chat are telling me I should be hearing a “beep” when each step of the calibration process are completed, I hear no beep thus making the calibration process almost impossible to get it accurate. Am I doing something wrong? I’ve tried multiple settings for my playback sound including on making the Rift the default playback sound device. In future versions, will it be possible to have the calibration screen show up in the headset instead of the monitor or both, this would make calibration so much easier. 🙂
    Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Regards: Jack
    aka CaTaPulT

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi.
    i will make video tutorial this week first to ensure everybody is on same page.
    cause now since we have closed beta it is not easy to tell where the problem is.

CaTaPulTCaTaPulT
    Participant

Sounds good Greg and thanks. A tutorial with the positioning of the Kinect and how to setup the software and calibrate it properly will be soooooo helpful! 🙂
    Regards: Jack

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.