Homepage Forums Body tracking If you are having trouble calibrating xbox 360.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kaeden IrvineTheDunkShot
    Participant

I have made a video as a guide to help calibrate your xbox 360 kinect. You can watch it here.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

thank you so much !!!!!!

SalamaanSalamaan
    Participant

@TheDunkShot Hi, thanks for the tutorial. Definitely gonna try it later today! I have a few questions though… Where did you place the kinect? It looks like it’s at the height of your chest facing straight at you is that correct? If so, how far is it away from you? Because I have to place mine a few meters in front of me and a little above me aswell to stay in the fov at all times even when sitting down. Also, why did you set the tilt angle setting to -13 and what does it do?

kalenjohnsonkalenjohnson
    Participant

Awesome, thanks

Kaeden IrvineTheDunkShot
    Participant

I have my kinect roughly 2.5 m away from me and it is at eye level pointing down.

UPDATE: I am getting a kinect v2 next month and i will figure out the best method for calibration on thst one too. Hopefully it is the same.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Kaeden IrvineTheDunkShot.
    Kaeden IrvineTheDunkShot
    Participant

The tilt angle moves the kinects up and down motor. Negative is down amd positive is up. To apply the tilt you must press ENTER otherwise nothing will happen. I might make a video about kinect placement but i play in my bedroom. Tracking with the xbox 360 kinect is surprisingly good for how old it is. Some sort of tracker smoothing option would be nice as it is quite wobbly. Anyways i’m glad this worked for people as i have spent ages figuring around this headache.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Kaeden IrvineTheDunkShot.
    Kaeden IrvineTheDunkShot
    Participant

Probably the main reason i made this as i helped my fellow mrpenguin setup full body as he was getting frustrated as his feet kept going weird. I told him to do this and it worked! I felt so proud and decided to help everyone else with this issue. If this does work for everyone then i would say this could be the best way to calibrate the kinect for full body.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.