Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting I don't understand calibration

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Stantonstanto
    Participant

I have kinect 360, and I have the HTC Vive.
    Running SteamVR Beta.
    I’ve tried installing the ‘stable’ release and also the ‘beta’ release.
    Windows 10 64bit.

It keeps boo-ing me.

According to the on screen feedback, my full skeleton is in view, I have my headset on.

Calibration error (HMD vs Kinect head) – high/low is in the bottom right regardless, I see bars go down to green, up to green, slide left and right for being amber.

I’ve managed to get it all calibrated once. Then I say, loaded VRChat and my body was in a scrunched up pile on the floor.

What am I missing? Is there a guide I should be reading? Is something broken?

Thanks for your patience.

jamieukguy147jamieukguy147
    Participant

Did you fix? I’m having same issue

CurtisVLCurtisVL
    Participant

I got calibration to work by doing 3 standing positions, in slightly different areas where the Kinect could see, then, do 2 crouching positions in different areas the connect could see.
    It seems you need to be REALLY far away from the Kinect.

I’m having issues getting VRChat to work with my body though, I just see white dots where my legs and torso are, the character doesn’t snap to me.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

you need stand in T pose similar to the character and then press grip or trigger button. then avatail will start following your movement.

i am assuming you both use kinect 360. it has really narrow fov. i might be do something about this with followuing update that will add colour tracking to trackers as well.

jamieukguy147jamieukguy147
    Participant

I’m using Xbox 2 kinect not 360 🙂

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

for kinect one you don’t need to be away unless your room has many elements or kinect wokrs bad. it has really big fov and is able to track you even when you are close. best if you put it above your head like 2 meters. test visually if kiect is tracking your skeleton properly.

then for vrchat you need stand in avatar pose and press a button on controller.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.