Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Head tracking not smooth even at 60fps

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    watermanpcwatermanpc
    Participant

Hi, I’m a pimax 4k user and just tested the free version of driver4vr before purchasing but had a bad experience with it…I made a ping pong ball, configured everything needed in PSMoveService so that the tracking using psmovefreepiebridge is basically perfect. Its very solid and smooth with 1 PS3 eye and 60fps. When I configure the track pose and such everything works amazing. However, once all is ready and I open psmoveservice+psmovefreepiebridge+Freepie+Driver4vr and start steamvr, both, rotations from my pimax 4k and even more the translations from the ping pong ball tracking are extremely bad. It feels like 30fps or less. I dont think it could be USB saturation by any means as I own i7 6700k@4,5Ghz and only 1 camera for this. Also, Pimax and camera are in different USB hubs and even with psmoveservice+psmovefreepiebridge+Freepie+Driver4vr opened if I run psmove config tools I can check that the tracking is perfectly smooth…

If I shut down all of the above (psmoveservice+psmovefreepiebridge+Freepie+Driver4vr) and check just pimax 4k, I can clearly see that rotations are MUCH, MUCH better also.

what am I doing wrong?

thanks!!

watermanpcwatermanpc
    Participant

??

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

so you are saying that rotation get’s worse after you start driver4vr ?
    also position tracking is precise but choppy. yes?
    what you mean that ‘tracking using psmovefreepiebridge is basically perfect’ ? do you mean tracking of position of headset in vr or only view in configuratino of psmoveservice ?
    also one more thing.. can you tell me how is your cpu utilisation when it all works?
    sorry for so many questions but sympthoms are unclear for me.
    Greg

watermanpcwatermanpc
    Participant

-so you are saying that rotation get’s worse after you start driver4vr ?

Yes. Rotations are MUCH worse and choppy when using driver4vr. when not using it, they are butter smooth.

-also position tracking is precise but choppy. yes?

Yes.

-what you mean that ‘tracking using psmovefreepiebridge is basically perfect’ ? do you mean tracking of position of headset in vr or only view in configuratino of psmoveservice ?

I’m refering to the tracking of the position of the headset in the configuration view of psmoveserivice. It’s butter smooth there, but only there, even when testing AT THE SAME TIME with an actual vr app (for instance Steam VR house) already opened. Of course I did that only for testing purposes and to test if there was something wrong once the vr app was running but not, the app is choppy while at the same time the config view is butter smooth.

-also one more thing.. can you tell me how is your cpu utilisation when it all works?
    sorry for so many questions but sympthoms are unclear for me.

Sure, usage is quite low…plenty of room for more usage.

Thanks!!

watermanpcwatermanpc
    Participant

any news on this???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.