Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Difficulty assigning VR Gamepad

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sebastian WeinbergJustTheBast
    Participant

I have a Steam Controller, and to my delight it showed up in the device list as both a gamepad and a VR Gamepad! That makes sense, given that it has a gyro on board. (It also shows up as a mouse, if one of the touchpads is configured to send mouse signals.)

However, when attempting to assign it to one of the virtual controllers, I run into a problem: clicking “assign” only ever opens the “VR Gamepad to Tracker input configuration” window – even though I’ve already gone through it and mapped all the necessary actions to corresponding buttons/axes on the Steam Controller. There appears to be no “OK/Finish/Assign” button in that window, and simply closing it doesn’t finish assigning the gamepad to the virtual controller.

The virtual controller remains unassigned, and clicking “assign” again only opens the configuration window once more.

Am I missing some vital step here?

Now, if the problem is with the Steam Controller, and it turns out it simply cannot be used that way, then I understand – but I had been thinking of buying a pair of VR Gamepads to use with Driver4VR, and now I’m hesitant. I’d like some reassurance that the same thing won’t happen with a “real” VR Gamepad.

Alexandre Travialexbrasil
    Participant

Gamepads VR not work for me! not recognize on map settings.
    the same problem

Thomas Anthony PedersennufanDK
    Participant

I have the same issue. I don’t seem to be able to save the mappings and actually assign the gamepad to a tracker (using an xbox controller for button input only)

Did anyone find a solution to this?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.