Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Body Trackers Taking Over Arm Controllers

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    schnidderschnidder
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m currently using the Oculus Touch with two touch controllers and a 360 Kinect. I’m having an issue where the body and feet trackers take over for the hand controllers in steamvr. For example instead of having the selection beams coming from the hand controllers they’re coming from the hip and foot tracker. I’ve calibrated multiple times and have only been able to get it so I get one hand controller as a hand controller. I’m struggling trying to figure out how to fix this. Any help would be appreciated.

cloudedskycloudedsky
    Participant

Similar issue with a WMR headset and controllers. It’s probably a user issue on my part and will report back once I have this figured out.

orenthasorenthas
    Participant

I too am having this issue, not sure how to get around it.

orenthasorenthas
    Participant

Just a quick reply, I circumvented this by stopping Driver4VR, running the SteamVR room setup again, and the re-enabling Driver4VR once done. I believe that SteamVR has a difficult time choosing which of the 5 outputs (left hand controller, right hand controller, hip sensor from kinect & feet from kinect) to be the actual controllers. The SteamVR room set-up will choose and 2 at random it seems, but as long as Driver4VR is not running during the set-up, it will choose the controllers as it should.

Carlos Riverabad.boo
    Participant

@orenthas Do you have the buttons working after that?

schnidderschnidder
    Participant

I’m going to try RE running setup like Orenthas said. I’ll give an update to see how it goes

knighthasenknighthasen
    Participant

I’m also using WMR, though I haven’t done much experimenting on how Driver4VR reacts with the controller tracking, I’m wondering if it can be used to track the WMR controllers when out of the FOV of the headset’s cameras without messing with the tracking within FOV.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi,
    can u please try this version ?
    it works on main branch of steamvr and should have problem you talk about addressed.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VHyzUv76L1-w5MhDYHY1-m4nq_ZlbRZQ/view?usp=sharing

greg

adanzaadanza
    Participant

@greg, I tried running that test version that you linked in this thread. It appears to have installed correctly, but Driver4VR will not install/register the driver (this is when running the installer inside driver4vr). I’m running Windows 7 on my PC and attempted running As Administrator and changing compatibility mode to Windows 7, but it still won’t properly install/register drivers..

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

is there any error ?
    it does not require windows 7 cm.

adanzaadanza
    Participant

nevermind about the issue. I forgot to get out of the openvr-inputemulator version of steamvr

schnidderschnidder
    Participant

Just as an update. Using the test build I don’t have any problems with the trackers taking over for the hands. Ty for the help and support Greg!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.