Homepage Forums Positional tracking – head and head trackers Vridge controllers + kinect

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MegabagMegabag
    Participant

Hello,
    I have this little problem, I dont know if Im doing something wrong but today I started using kinect for head tracking, which is working perfectly, but when I try to use hand tracking together with vridge controller app, it wont work, i can move my hand and use it as controller but buttons and gyroscope data from the phone wont work so i dont have any additional movement from vridge controller even when I can see vridge controller in the driver4vr as controller device but cant assign it and i dont know what to do. Thank for every help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

this would require some extra work and I have it on my list.

David ReamesDavid Reames
    Participant

I’ll second this request, I bought Riftcat, the controller app, and Driver4VR with hopes they would work together.

Trying to get a good setup for VRChat is more difficult than I anticipated. The menu system really needs the Kinect’s forward/backward axis on your hands to function as intended, which you don’t get with Riftcat/the controller app. In-game locomotive movement has also been difficult to optimize. Step one was using a movement-first controller setup via Steam with non-teleport movement allowed in VRChat. Riftcat has an option to increase or decrease your movement speed and that proved really nice as well. If you manage to allow Riftcat’s android controller to function with Driver4VR Kinect hand tracking do you think Riftcat’s movement variables would be passed on as well?

Really glad to hear it’s on your list, this stuff is phenomenal!

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

are you really using 2 phones as controllers?

Bartosz Łagodaarsix2012
    Participant

Yes, and it would be great if you made Driver4VR compatible with them

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.