Homepage Forums New feature Oculus Touch controller

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    andydvrandydvr
    Participant

Hi All
    Newbie here!
    Quick question….
    Might of been asked before!

Is it possible to use the Oculus Touch controller with Driver4vr without the Oculus headset?
    I do have one oculus sensor which came with the touch controller
    Windows 10 detects the controllers but shows issue with the drivers!
    If it’s possible, is there a tutorial on setting this up?
    My setup
    •Pimax4k
    •Kinect 360 sensor or 1 Oculus sensor or Leap motion
    •Pair of Oculus touch sensors

Thanks in advance

andydvrandydvr
    Participant

Sorry

It’s actually a pair of Oculus Touch Controllers….Not sensors!!
    •Pimax4k
    •Kinect 360 sensor or 1 Oculus sensor or Leap motion
    •Pair of Oculus touch controllers

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

afaik you can’t pair them without at least 2 sensors. although they reasonably work with one sensor.

andydvrandydvr
    Participant

Thanks GD

I just can’t get the controller recognised in either Oculus software or Driver4vr
    Win 10 showing driver issues!

MotoFckr9kMotoFckr9k
    Participant

The touch controllers need an oculus rift to work. Or rather they send their rotational data to the rift. I don’t know if the tracking points of the controllers can light up regardless.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

actually this could theoretically work to have no oculus sensors as kinect has IR camera. but first of all you can’t pair touch without sensor. not even with one sensor which is something that has really no purpose fo rme.

lexmonteirolexmonteiro
    Participant

Hi Greg!
    I saw this post and thought, would the WMR motion controllers, which are bluetooh, be tracked by kinect?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

the hand can be tracked by kinect. i tested IR camera on 360 and One but it does not see lights from WMR.

bobzdarbobzdar
    Participant

How about if we have the oculus headset? Id like to have touch with odyssey+ wmr headset, have the full oculus headset and cameras with touch controllers. If I leave the headset plugged in, can I use the touch controllers with the wmr headset?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

yes. it is possible 🙂

Abdullah Adib MD Redzuani_hate_u_2
    Participant

Any updates?

fan yuhangPlsWork6
    Participant

did you resolved it. we need the oculus cv1 headset emulator or has to the stuff inside hmd?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by fan yuhangPlsWork6.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

this is not available yet. so you will have one hmd and second oculus cv1 used just to pair touch controllers. then can use touch controllers with other hmd.

MarcobMarcob
    Participant

Is there any way to use the oculus touch controllers of the ocuous rift (not the oculus rift s ‘s touch controllers) on any other vr headset ?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

they require headset to work.

CarlyAzumaCarlyAzuma
    Participant

Hello….i have little more to add in the query.I have installed the latest Inateck drivers and performed a complete/fresh install of the Oculus setup software. Sensors/HMD/HDMI are all detected as USB 3.0 with no issues, however the tracking issue still persists. Not sure what else to try at this point, new logs have been provided to support but I have not heard back. Has anyone had success with using just the default Windows drivers for the Inateck card?

t dizzlet dizzle
    Participant

I have never been able to use two hmd’s on a single card fyi, good luck!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.