Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Xbox One Kinect having trouble connecting to PC?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    GiffyGiffy
    Participant

I recently got an Xbox One kinect and corresponding adapter. I was previously using a 360 kinect and adapter. I installed the 2.0 SDK, 2.0 Runtime, and Verifier. I made sure to uninstall all other versions of the SKD/runtime. I have tried both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports. USB 2.0 Ports (predictably) don’t recognize the kinect at all, but 3.0 ports do recognize it, but intermittently and non-functionally. What I mean is, driver4vr and the kinect verifier will detect that there is a kinect connected, but won’t display any image from the sensor at all, also the kinect verifier, as well as device manager, will jump back and forth between showing the device as connected and disconnected. I have tried reinstalling everything, using a type C port with adapter, unplugging all of my other USB devices, and in a fit of desperation and insanity, contacted microsoft support (They told me to get bent obviously). If anyone can help, or has even had similar issues, please say so. Sunk cost fallacy set in about 2 useless adapters ago and I can’t stop browsing dead forums.

rachel stevensrachel stevens
    Participant

I am also having this issue I believe.
    I have the Oculus Rift S, and I have downloaded the kinect runtime 2.0 as well as installed Driver4VR and when I go into the program and start it to calibrate the system, it will either say I have the kinect runtime 2.0 installed but cant fin the kinect, OR will let me start calibrating and not see my headset (plugged in and steamvr sees it.)
    I have tried changing the USB the kinect is connected, too.

Spencer Huffrajh
    Participant

Hi Giffy and Rachael, here are some trouble shooting steps and things to consider when using the Kinect.

1. Use an integrated USB 3.0 port. The Kinect utilizes a lot of bandwidth; USB extension cables and cheap computer chassis ports may be the cause of both your problems. Plug the Kinect directly into the blue rear motherboard USB 3.0 port, and use as short a cable as possible.
    2. Check your power supplies. 3rd party (and manufacturing defected official products) may have faults preventing the Kinect from getting all the power that it needs. You can test if it’s working properly by plugging it into an XBOX ONE USB port, and playing a game or testing capture. Do not use the 1st gen XBOXs Kinect port when testing the power supply.
    3. Update your USB drivers. Check your motherboard vendors website for the most up to date drivers. Windows Update may or may not provide a driver with better compatibility.

And bear in mind, you will only see an image in Driver4VR after the service has started.

I hope this helps, if you still have problems please provide details of your hardware and configuration.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.