Homepage Forums Bugs WMR controller not working proprely with kinect enabled

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Hijack_HornetHijack_Hornet
    Participant

I just bought Driver4Vr and tried to setup a body tracking (Hips and legs) using a kinect one, but when doing so, my WMR controller seems to disapears for like 2 or 3sec every 10sec. It’s like if they stoped being detected.
    Also, when looking into steamVr loby, i see that the legs are detected correctly but i just have my regular controller diseapearing and my head starting to go away far from the rest for a sec or two. Strange because i only enabled the body tracking.
    Thanks for your help.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

does problem go away after you stop driver?

can you do one more test ?
    1. download kinect sdk
    2. start skeleton demo so you can see kinect in widnow
    3. start steamvr but don’t start driver4vr

you will see if issues appear. then you can close kinect window that will stop also kinect and we will see.

thanks

Participant

Ok i just tried that and indeed i have the same issue… Not as much as with driver4vr, but i lost my controller and my boundaries every 4/5 sec.
    I checked my performance and neither my cpu or my gpu are at 100% usage.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Hijack_HornetHijack_Hornet.
    Participant

Oh… do you think that kinectV2 cause interferences with WMR too ?

Participant

So, any idea ? Because at the moment i cant do anything…

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

i will get wmr this week and test. but what you say sounds like they will not work together.

Participant

Ok, thanks ! Just let me know 🙂
    I guess i’ll have to go for a kinect 360

Participant

So did you had the time to test if the kinect V2 has a problem with the WMR headset ? Thanks a lot

Participant

Sorry for keep asking but did you manage to check that it’s truly incompatible? Because if so I need to buy a Kinect 360 to finally use driver4vr.. Thanks for your help

Participant

Hi Greg,
    It’s been 5 month and i still have the same issue.
    Here what i tried so far :
    Moved my bluetooth dongle over usb 2, and usb 3 port.
    Changed the dongle to more recent one.
    Pressing Win + Y to focus on the headset
    Putting the Kinect on a USB3 station instead of the usb port itself.

I didnt worked.
    So i tried this : I put my headset on (no controller issue), then i start driver4vr and the controller start loosing the tracking and move randomly into the room.
    I also tried with Kinect Studio Instead of Driver4Vr and i does the same thing.

So i’m asking again if you encountered someone with the same issue as it’s been month i’m trying to make this work without success.
    Thanks 🙂

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

i triedn also with WMR and it works with no issue for me. also most people does not report similar problem.
    if you have this problem when running SDK that basically means your PC does not handle amount of data via usb. alternative is to get additional usb slots via pci express. however can’t guarantee 100% it will work for you.

Participant

It seems like a good idea. I’ll try this on saturday and let you know. If it fail, well at least i’ll have more usb port :p
    Have a nice day !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.