Homepage Forums General Windows Mixed Reality + Driver4VR

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Joshuarox100Joshuarox100
    Participant

If I were to use Driver4VR with SteamVR’s Windows Mixed Reality Support, would I be able to have tracking in places other than the Mixed Reality’s cameras could see? (For example, Reaching to either side of my body, grabbing two objects, and then throwing them upwards without looking.)

MCWithMCMCWithMC
    Participant

I was wondering the same thing. Would be nice to have Kinect track hands where Windows MR cannot. Would give me an excuse to get the $210 Windows MR headset.

HyacinHyacin
    Participant

I’m hoping to pick up a Kinect & Adapter simply for the full body tracking it (with this) can add to my WMR setup. I’m just hoping the IR blasting from the Kinect doesn’t interfere with the IR emitting from the controllers and confuse the cameras on the WMR HMD.

William Randolwilliamrandol
    Participant

Now ymmv but I just got the Samsung Oddsey Winows Mixed Reality headset. It looks like the WMR for steam is not comparable with driver4vr. After each attempt to get the Kinect to work I would have to reinstall SteamVR before it would recognise the headset.

HyacinHyacin
    Participant

I hope MMV because I just caught a sweet deal on a Kinect 2 modded for PC use, so I picked it up! Should be here in a week or so, and aside from VRidge/Riftcat, the Dell Visor is the only headset I have (and I am not going to drop cash on a new headset just for it to play nice with Driver4VR for the couple games I can use it in.)

HyacinHyacin
    Participant

I just got my Kinect v2 … the trial of driver4vr didn’t even give me enough time to get things set up, so, that kinda sucked … I bought it though as it was looking promising at that point …

I had to seriously fight with my system to get WMR and the Kinect working at the same time … they are both major USB bandwidth hogs …

Despite having two distinct controllers on my motherboard, and separating them off to have a dedicated one for each, and getting everything else off those controllers – the Kinect was still VERY flaky, Windows Hello (the first thing I set up) would often report “Something went wrong, log in using PIN” …

I got them both steady and stable at one point and managed to do the calibration … “no head” “no hands” “yes body” … all looked well …

I fired up VAM, and while it was loading and I was on the SteamVR “Holodeck” I was able to see three extra Vive controllers! One on each of my feet, and one for my hips …

Sadly, VAM does not support the Vive trackers yet :'(

But, while in there and doing a “hard reset” to bring me back to the Holodeck environment, I was clearly being fully tracked … two feet, one hips, two hands, and there was no mirror, but I’m sure my head.

So this IS working with a WMR (Dell Visor) setup for me! Just the one title I bought all this for doesn’t support it yet, lol …

I’ll try to find some other things that do support the trackers this weekend and play around and probably report back.

OH, and even with having them stable for long enough to confirm things were working – the Kinect still eventually flaked out, so I figured it was still a bandwidth thing and went out and got a USB 3.1 PCI-E 4x controller to dedicate to it. So far that has done nothing but cause other system issues (my onboard Intel NIC stopped working so I had to switch over to the Realtek) – so I’m not 100% sure if the issues are resolved … but I wanted to report in quick to say that I do have a Kinect v2 + driver4vr + WMR setup working perfectly.

gmodozagmodoza
    Participant

I have the dell visor and and kinect v2 and was able to get them both tracking by using, no head no hands yes body. the only problem is it seemed like my headset and the kinect weren’t in the same position and my movements on the kinect were flipped or inverted, like i would stick my foot forward and the tracker would go the opposite way.

also i was wondering if i could use this driver for my hands and just have the controls in my hands to use the buttons so the kinect would be tracking my hands.

if i could get some info and help with this stuff that would be great thanks

HyacinHyacin
    Participant

I thought the same about using it for hands – but I would assume we can not do that. Doing that would replace our controllers with “Trackers” as far as SteamVR is concerned … so where then would the input be coming from? Unless you did some complex back-end mapping stuff maybe …

I’m still having problems with my Kinect cutting out. In my initial configuration it wasn’t working for Windows Hello at all practically, but once the system was fully booted I could get it going in software. After adding a PCI-E controller and disabling a couple of the onboard controllers, I seem to have the opposite now … on a fresh wake-up it works perfectly for Windows Hello, but any attempt to access the Kinect after the system is up and running fails – so I don’t think I’m going to get a lot of play or configuration testing done until I get that sorted out 🙁

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

@Hyacin,

can you tell me exactly what fails mean ?

can you try instead run skeleton demo provided with sdk parallel with WMR? without actually using driver. you can set temporary all options to NO or don’t attempt to start it. will kinect continue working ?

can you please send me logs as described here?

HyacinHyacin
    Participant

Absolutely nothing to do with driver4vr!

I’m having trouble getting my Kinect to work at all … when it is working, driver4vr works perfectly! 🙂

I’m just having issues with USB buses and bandwidth – unsupported controller, etc. … I wish I had known they recommended Renesas – there was a Renesas card at the store I went to for the same price as I paid for my ASMedia card, I would have got that instead.

MCWithMCMCWithMC
    Participant

I’m about to buy a HP WinMR headset. I already have a Kinect 2.0 and adapter from my Riftcat/PSMove setup. Will try on my machine.

William Randolwilliamrandol
    Participant

Oh, nice to hear some one got it working… I may have to re-visit this. I would really like to get the full body tracking working.

One thing I do see as a distinction here is that i am using a V1 Kinect. But knowing there was some success I think I may have to try this again.

MrEmilovichMrEmilovich
    Participant

Would it be pssible to make wmr compatible with touch controllers through this driver?

Robert SchmidtRobert Schmidt
    Participant

That would be helpful to track the WMR controllers and would fix any issues when they’re out of view of the front facing cameras. So odd…that Microsoft didn’t just install 3 cameras, 2 to the side of headset and one facing down..they’re probably cheapy cameras anyways…the lens sure are :/

Robert SchmidtRobert Schmidt
    Participant

?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.