Homepage Forums General Will wii motion plus work without Kinect?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    artistxartistx
    Participant

Will I be able to use the Wii Motion plus controller without the Kinect?

Been trying to do VR on a budget with iVRy and my Galaxy s8 so when I saw some people are using wii controllers (which I already owned) I thought could save more.. but it looks like you need a Kinect to get it to work… the cost of a kinect in addition to this driver… and I need Bluetooth adaptor for the wiimote

what bluetooth adaptors will work with the wiimotes? getting the wiimote to work on my pc with my classic controller might be worth it outside of VR..

Greg CoulthardSalenger
    Participant

Hi,

I’m also interested in knowing if Wii Motion Plus would work without Kinect. It would be a perfect fit with my Bobo VR + Riftcat + SteamVR but yaw does not work well at the moment …

Thanks !

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

it also works without kinect.
    but not using plus but only accelerometer.

Greg CoulthardSalenger
    Participant

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your answer.

But without Plus support and no kinect, yaw doesn’t work. I was wondering if you are planning on implementing plus support ? It’s for me to decide if I buy a second-hand kinect 360 or not …

Cheers !

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

as you see in video. 3 dof are actually emulated from available 2dof that are given by accelerometer. that will work for some games. there are plans for plus but they are not any time soon.

Greg CoulthardSalenger
    Participant

Hi Greg,

So for the moment I’ll have to use a Kinect for more precise movement ? Would Kinect also give me the ability to “reach out” to pick up things in VR ? And would this work if I’m sitting in front of the PC instead of standing ?

For info, I just purchased your brilliant product 🙂

Cheers !

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

yes. kinect let you reach for items. you must ensure that you are visible by kinect.
    did you see tutorial?

Marcin Kuriataexclosetntlikesgd
    Participant

G R E G W T F I O W N P L U S

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.