Homepage Forums Body tracking Will these work as "light balls"? They look intresting and cheap.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kaeden IrvineTheDunkShot
    Participant

These are light ropes and I might buy 3 then see if it work with colour tracking. Wish me luck! I have an idea that if I cut off the rope bits I could have a decent tracking solution. A problem i found with these is that the screw is smaller than normal and im glad I have an ifixit toolkit lol. Link

EDIT: I found in some reviews that the rope comes off due to cheapness in the rope. Well that isn’t a problem for us I guess.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Kaeden IrvineTheDunkShot. Reason: More information
    Kaeden IrvineTheDunkShot
    Participant

BATTERIES ARE NOT INCLUDED!! It needs 3xAAA batteries for each one. I would suggest trying to buy rechargable ones.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

it look like the best things I have seen so far.
    but will know after someone test it :/

Kaeden IrvineTheDunkShot
    Participant

Yeah I might buy them to see if they work or not. Do you think I should take the risk?

ZerberiusZerberius
    Participant

@TheDunkShot are you using 360 kinect? If you are, do tell if these are good for colour tracking.

Quite interested in these.

Kaeden IrvineTheDunkShot
    Participant

Yes I do use 360 and when I but them I will tell you guys. Just to let you know you need to buy a pair of sunglasses and cut them out and stick it to you kinect as the exposure is too high.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Kaeden IrvineTheDunkShot.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

or get geay filter for photo camera. i found one for 10 usd and got like 10 plastic filters. you can then sell them for 3 usd each 😉

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Bla BlablaGreg Driver.
    Kaeden IrvineTheDunkShot
    Participant

Do you have any suggestions on which grey filter as some are darker.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.