will there be a patch that we can have 2 kinects

Homepage Forums Body tracking will there be a patch that we can have 2 kinects

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    sky
    Participant

that would definitely afford better tracking

Triplekiller
    Participant

that woulb be awesome for roomscale vr!

Greg Driver
    Keymaster

will be working on it after a while.

Corbin Holmes
    Participant

I was going to make a topic about this but you beat me to the punch. lol I just thought about it, having 2 full body tracking camera’s that works with an Oculus Rift setup or a Windows mixed reality setup in an ∠XYZ fashion. That might all in all be a helluva lot cheaper than doing it with Vive.

Artem Suleymanov
    Participant

It will be just great. Sound like stable full body traking in any angle in big room scale…

Logan Andrews
    Participant

I would think the kinects would have to be unable to see eachothers ir grid/points to avoid the sensors getting confused.

Tooandrew
    Participant

i think a solution could be using a v1 and a v2 because they have different ir grids. you for tracking the colored balls it wouldnt matter with the ir grids

Nicholas Johnson
    Participant

The idea of two or more kinects is something I thought of as well right after starting using Driver4VR. Would be amazing, and youtube shows some people have done similar things so it is certainly possible! Can’t wait!

Greg, you said you would be working on it “After while”, is there any hard date we can look forward too? 🙂

Aaron Chen
    Participant

That will be great! Since I upgraded to Kinect 2.0 and I still have my Kinect 360 around.

Dunt
    Participant

Just got around to installing Driver4VR, and googling didnt bring up any guides to do this, but a thread from the december of 2017 (https://www.driver4vr.com/forums/topic/multiple-kinects-possible/). Is this still not a thing? Has the idea been abandoned?

Greg Driver
    Keymaster

not abandoned need now make tutorials about head tracking using different methods and then will be lookin on that.

Carl Vancil
    Participant

Cool.

I’m really interested in this too, and have been planning to stop in for the last couple of days to see if it was supported before going to hunt down a 2nd Kinect 360 cam, but I’m totally down with doing that if support *is in fact* planned.

I’ve gotta say, I’m a fan of what you’ve done with Driver4VR and have been talking it up to my friends at work that have VR rigs as well, so hopefully they’ll buy licenses at some point themselves. I’ve been having a blast experimenting with what all I can do with this and what all I can make it work with. 🙂

Keep up the great work! 🙂

Carl Vancil
    Participant

By the way – the new Azure Kinect is designed specifically for being used in groups of sensors:

All you need to know on Azure Kinect

The link I’ve posted here is to an article by another researcher (that uses Kinect cams for scientific purposes) where he details the upcoming Azure Kinect, Microsoft’s next product in the Kinect line.

An array of these might actually exceed the Vive tracker’s capabilities.

vipast
    Participant

Anymore updates on this? I have 4 kinect ones and 2 kinect 360s… I need a reason to hook them up.. lol , the driver works fairly well even in small spaces. If I could get a full 360 body tracking that would be awesome. I’m using the Rift S so no light boxes.. I like to take my setup mobile so the kinects are great for this.

Greg Driver
    Keymaster

actually some progress has been made. stay tuned 😉

jampakdd
    Participant

I’d be super excited to use this feature to make my games! More movement vectors = more affordances! The Azure Kinect looks awesome but it’s also $400 I already have a bunch of kinects lying around from friends. I wonder if there is a way to hack them into a daisy chain like the Azure Kinect DK! :O

jampakdd
    Participant

Hey, @Greg Driver any news on the subject?

Flubbah6969
    Participant

Yeah I am interested in this topic as well. I would definitely upgrade if I could use both my Kinect 360 and Kinect for xbox one together.

mark32chang32
    Participant

I too am excited to use multiple Kinect! Any updates, sneak peeks or betas?

felipepassion
    Participant

Awesome!!!!!
    Can’t wait!

SaladSolpit
    Participant

Same thing here boys! I have a Kinect 360 and a Kinect Xbox one. If I could use both for full range 360 field of view tracking, that would be awesome to the 9th degree!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.