Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Wiimote Plus Detection

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ariff AzizBumboria
    Participant

Hello,

I have just bought a new Wiimote that has Motion Plus built in it along with nunchucks. My question is that is the built in Motion Plus compatible with Driver4VR or do we require older Wiimotes with the extension? I was able to connect my Wiimote to Driver4VR and what I understand is the Motion Plus option allows Yaw to be calculated instead of rolling. Though I was unable to make any movement detection when testing with my current Wiimote. Could the nunchucks be the reason why Yaw was disabled for the Wiimote or should it both have Yaw movement detection?

Additionally, my Wiimote movement in SteamVR has a slight delay and lag response (i.e. I move the Wiimote upwards and it will move about 10cm before pausing and skipping the movement to my latest Wiimote position). This doesn’t happen with the nunchucks and I have a better time controlling the nunchucks rather than the Wiimote.

Topi Porkkaraaste
    Participant

I have been trying to get wiimote plus to work and have same kind of experiences. I happend to have 4 wiimotes and they all are motion plus builtin. I suppose that sensor bar is not needed for things to work properly? Positions seem to work somehow but movements come in delay with slowmotion. Its like if i rotate the controller it takes like 5 seconds to virtual controller to reach that same position. Controllers will drop the connection randomly too.

Topi Porkkaraaste
    Participant

And after short googling my connection issues are probably caused by bad bluetooth connection because my wireless antenna is not attached to the motherboard. I’ll check later if better connection fixes the problems.

Topi Porkkaraaste
    Participant

Connection issue was solved by setting up antenna. I tested all my controllers and seems like only one or two of them are working without slowness issue. Didn’t find any combination that would have worked for two handed usage. But got one motion plus controller to work properly atleast.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.