Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Who hasnt got this "fully" working?

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    jamieukguy147jamieukguy147
    Participant

I have tried for 2 days solid to get this working and I cant!.

Refuses to work with psmove controllers… I’m guessing am not alone?

Great idea this software!, but with no real setup guide, steamvr and psmoveservice there are to many issues.

Anyone else struggling?

cretkensighcretkensigh
    Participant

Hey man, have you got psmove service working? Like can config and calibrate the controller?

is it psmove service or psmovesteamvrbridge?

Last question man what bluetooth dongle are you using??

Participant

No still not working.. both controllers light up, but refuse to show in headset or vibrate on touch.

I’m using ASUS USB-BT400… latest ps move controllers

cretkensighcretkensigh
    Participant

Weird, sounds like you have all the boxes ticked.

When you say latest ps move controllers you do mean the actual controllers themselves and not the ps move service download??

I remember reading that the newer controllers dont have the magnetometer but the older ones do, not sure if that makes or breaks it, they still have gyroscopes and accelerometers but maybe??

Participant

Yes I have the newer controllers without magnetometer calibration

Can Greg or someone confirm if this is the reason why it’s not working?

^Thanks for your help

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by jamieukguy147jamieukguy147.
    Participant

Could you check my Driver4vr settings.

Deepoon E3 headset
    PS move controllers
    PS move service running with controllers connected via BT

View post on imgur.com

When I press power button on controller it brings up steam window, but controllers aren’t tracked so cant choose anything

Thanks so much

cretkensighcretkensigh
    Participant

Whats your steamvrsettings in the config folder like? It sounds like they are being “filter” out. But have uou got it under yes i want to use psmove controllers under the hand tracking option? Have you tried skeleton tracking for hand tracking?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by cretkensighcretkensigh.
    Participant

I got controllers working via selecting skeleton rather than light bulb tracking.

Controllers buttons don’t work though apart from steam menu button.. Controllers don’t seem straight.

cretkensighcretkensigh
    Participant

Holding the select button on each side of the controller for 3-5 seconds will reset the orientation of them. But you may need to move them around and reset a few times on differnt angles to get them to line up

If you.hold.start and select it will reset orientation in the psmove service which does the same thing but driver4vr seem to be more accurate.

Youll need to set the buttons up before you turn on driver4vr. So start up steamvr, when drivers4vr starts up dont have it set to auto start and dont start it up right away.check your buttons and settings. Then run it

Participant

I will do what you have said 🙂

I notice that when I test the buttons in PSmoveconfig they all work fine, but then don’t after running Driver4vr and playing a game.

I will keep testing.

Is there any way to get full 360 tracking? I don’t mind adding something to my headset

Thanks for guiding me, very cool of you

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

first of all, happy NY to everyone !!!

@jamieukguy147

it seems like you use driver4vr and psmovebridge.
    youu should uninstall psmove bridge and use only drvier4vr (or uninstall driver4vr and use psmovebridge only 🙂

sorry for problems… today I will test more in depth ps4 moves. so hopefully in week or two we will make this more and more stable.

Participant

@greg

I have now installed this software “correctly” and 100000000000% the controllers buttons do not work during steamvr game play.

I have clicked preview on controllers and all the buttons presses show as working, but during games they do not.

I have the latest PS move controllers which don’t support full calibration via filling dots, maybe this is a reason?

I just need the trigger and buttons to work :(…. Any ideas anyone?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi,
    basically if you see controller and they change position and rotate that means you should also see buttons. i add some traces and come back to you with version that will find the problem.

the only reason I can think of right now but I don’t think it is your case is when Steam is not working – only SteamVR. then system controller is not bringing system menu. but I understand that you are looking on trigger and cannot see any press.

can ou confirm this is not the case?

Greg

darkagnadarkagna
    Participant

ahh, same thing here still, mapping works sort of doing it from ONLY the button next to the leap drop down, buttons just wont work in steamvr anything, and the psuedo vive mode gives me vive controllers in steamvr home, but in the dashboard or anything else, i get steam controllers still, all it did was switch them from oculus controllers to vive in steamvr home exclusively. if its any identifier, sometimes the buttons work, but ONLY the system button, and it usually only performs the walkinvr actions like move or rotate, i cannot replicate the issue. also once i got all the buttons to bind, but they all bound to the system button, this time they all opened the dashboard, disabling dashboard made them stop working, i was also unable to replicate this.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by darkagnadarkagna.
    Participant

Yes I see controllers and they move round.. Pressing select to fix controller position works fine.

None of the buttons work like you have described so cant move outside of game menus as impossible to start game

There is another member on pimax forums with the same problem as well.

Its strange as in PSmoveconfig all buttons show as working.. I have just tried resetting controllers and it didn’t fix it unfortunately.

Thanks! 🙂

Participant

@darkagna are you using PS move controllers like me?…. Just curious 🙂

darkagnadarkagna
    Participant

no, but it seems to be an issue affecting 2 other people ive commented on, happening for someone trying to use switch joycons. im trying to use bluetooth controllers and a 360 controller, neither seem to function, in the same way as described here. it seems like it might be a steamvr issue, since it was similarly described a few weeks ago as an issue happening for steamvr beta users.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

are u guys using beta ?

Participant

Yes steam beta for me.. Should we try none beta?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

yes. please.

Participant

Will test tomorrow and report back 🙂

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

thanks 🙂
    beta’s can be problematic. when doom fvr was released beta I think beta was only good to play doom 🙂

Participant

I have installed “none” beta steamvr and it’s exactly the same… Controllers still don’t work

Please fix Greg 🙂

Participant

If you could make this a priority please… 5 other members on pimax forums with the exact issue.

:)!!!!!!

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

yes. i will focus on this and only this right now.
    i think once I hardly had problems with touchpad but really nothing more 🙂
    if I don’t find anythig will send tomorrow version for test.

can you tell me how you version with no gyro is working? i was testing yesterday 1 year old moves but hey had gyro…

Participant

Not to well to be honest… I have to keep pressing select to change the position. I’m not to sure if this is the lack of gyro or your software.

Thanks Greg!!! 🙂

Participant

Another question 🙂 if I’m playing vr and my wife or children are behind me moving around in the room will this effect kinect tracking?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

if they are behind you then they should not affect skeleton tracknig. if they do then there is bug 🙂
    can you send me logs after some attempts to press buttons? perhaps we might find something there. i will send diagnostic verson shortly.

Participant

Will send logs tomorrow 🙂

Some good news from someone on pimax.. Thought to post here.

“On my side, reverting to SteamVR (Non Beta) did get the PSMove controllers buttons working

Remove PSMoveSteamVRBridge drivers if haven’t already, they are not needed for Driver4VR.

The new issue is laggy tracking with or without head tracking, controlllers are giving delayed input by a mile, LOL..”

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

do you also have bridge installed ?

can u post link to forum ?

Participant

http://forum.pimaxvr.com/t/will-pimax-8k-work-with-ps-move/4701/15

I did do, but not anymore…. Maybe it has caused effects though and I need to delete traces of it

Participant

Posts about Driver4vr is at the bottom

Participant

Ok I have seemed to have fixed all though the tracking of controllers isn’t good at all.

My Asus BT device had saved all PS move past setups from PSMoveBridge which caused conflicts.

I have my kinect on top of TV about 1.5m high and I game close to it.

Will mounting it about 3m high make a better experience? As well as buying controllers with gyro?

One last thing… When you implement led bulb for controllers will that be a much better than current skeleton controller tracking?

Its important that people who move from PS Bridge or other PSMove drivers completely wipe all saved BT data from their usb

🙂

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Colour tracking works how. It is described here.

Can you explain what it mean to wipe BT data ?
    PS Bridge is just a driver and once you remove it from steam drivers folder it is gone. It is what you mean ?

Participant

BT meaning Bluetooth…. Once I removed saved data from my Bluetooth USB receiver for the controllers they seemed to work.

I’m about to test controllers with led light bulb now and see if it works… Last time I tested it, no controllers showed up in headset… I’m guessing this was because I didn’t do colour calibration?

🙂

Participant

Notice this happens alot with Driver4vr windows.. Anything I can do to fix?

View post on imgur.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi, i can’t read anything there. you have unusual window settings ?

Participant

I fixed window problem, lowering resolution 🙂

You will see from my picture my room is very bright, even with kinect exposure set low.

Would adding a small filter like you did on your kinect 360 help me?… As it should lower light

Look at kinect view box in picture below room is bright! As setup by windows

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

perhaps you will not need to do this.
    now you need to put your led ball into yellow rectangle and click “Calibrate”.

Participant

Should body/trackers be on or off?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

body trackers can be on or off.
    perhaps first try with body off and head tracking from skeleton.

Participant

My current kinect is 1.5 high.

I could place it 3m on my ceiling pointing down. My plays pace is very small..

Would this give better smoother tracking?

Or is 3m to high?

🙂

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

i have not tested that high. mine is 2 meters and I have quite decent size of playspace. what do you define as small ?

Participant

7ftx9ft

Participant

Does this work with riftcat? 🙂

Carlos Riverabad.boo
    Participant

any solution for this? I am getting frustrated here, spent the whole day trying to make it work.
    I had psmove bridge working before and I uninstalled this after reading the comments. But nothing. The buttons don’t respond on steamVR, but on Driver4VR seem all ok. Making a clean installation would work?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Participant

PS move controllers don’t work correctly with steamvr… Just doesn’t work well.

I would use something else, this software is completely broken

Carlos Riverabad.boo
    Participant

we really need a guide for this as you mentioned on the first post. I don’t know what else to do.

Participant

Guide is inside driver4vr

cretkensighcretkensigh
    Participant

Its not broken, you have sony/microsoft hardware trying to talk to steam software neither of them would straight up want you to be able to do this.

Not to mention its still being made. It does work, and by work i mean function. If your expecting it to be just like a vive or oculus its never going to be as tight as those systems.

This is a cheap way for the masses to have a crack at something new without the steep entry price. Its gonna take time. Ive been on board since mid last year and the progress has been good, damn good. Patience it will be worth $20

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.