Homepage Forums Bugs VRChat – T-pose issues and tracking Questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    EasyQuestEasyQuest
    Participant

Hello, I have an Oculus Rift with touch controllers with a Kinect 360. My issue is when I go into VRChat, when I try to getting into the avatar, I notice my left and right hand are “Balls” instead of my controllers, causing me to not attach to my avatar’s body. I got the full body tracking to work before and saw the controllers but it is hit or miss. I heard it was something to do with SteamVR idk.

Another issue I notice is when I get the T-pose I notice my feet are too high off the avatar’s body. This occurs for all avatars I tried it on. Is it my position of my Kinect? It is placed just under three feet and camera faces parallel to the floor. Is this an okay position? Are there better placement?

Final question, Should I get the Kinect One instead for better quality of tracking? Thank you, sorry throwing many question as I am new to this kind technology,

ziddanziddan
    Participant

Im also new but i have noticed that when i put my kinect 360 higher up it tracked me a lot better.

With just three feet i think it will hardly have enough space to see you, im about 5feet8 and i need to be about six foot from my kinect 360, which is mounted about four feet off the floor, for it to full see me.

D4VR says it needs to see your head when calibrating, im guessing this is so it can “hang” the virtual trackers from it.

IF the trackers are at the right height when you are in the steamvr environment, ie you look down and theres one for your hip and another for each foot, at about the right height you should be fine.

In VRchat the floor height will differ with the size of your avatar, to help this ive actually made the arms on a couple of avatars shorter, closer to the length of my real arms.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.