Homepage Forums Bugs VRChat – joining new room stops body tracking?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin HansenBenMusak
    Participant

When i start the game, everything works fine until i join another world. The body tracking suddenly stops in place while i load another world. I can see them stop tracking at some point when the game is about to spawn me. I’ve tried re-callibrating, and starting the game again, but the same thing happens as soon as i join another world.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

can u go back to steam room and check if you still can see body trackers?

Benjamin HansenBenMusak
    Participant

They stop tracking in the steam room as well.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

Ok. then I need logs. Can you attach tchem to post ?
    You need rename files to txt as there is wordpress issue that I am going to fix this weekend that will stop you from upload.
    Or send me email driver4vr at gmail com

Benjamin HansenBenMusak
    Participant

Sure thing.
    It worked for some seconds in a new room, but after 5 seconds they stopped tracking.
    I’m not sure if the file will open in txt form, i’ve tried to change the format.

Benjamin HansenBenMusak
    Participant

Here

Benjamin HansenBenMusak
    Participant

Ok, i’ve send an email instead.

winterz2k3winterz2k3
    Participant

Hello, i too am having issues with vrchat, im ok in the steam room but upon loading into a world in vr chat i T-pose.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi.
    i have seen logs and coulnd not find any problem there.
    will test it myself. if I can’t find anything then I will send a version with more logs if you don’t midn testing.

greg

Benjamin HansenBenMusak
    Participant

No problem, i’m happy to help 🙂

realityaxerealityaxe
    Participant

Hello, I too am having the same problem with losing tracking in VR Chat. It works fine in SteamVR Home, but when it loads into a world I will have about a second of control over movement and hand motion until the character goes into a T pose. If I’m holding down a button to move, I seem to have control for a little longer (maybe 2-3 seconds) until the character reverts to the T pose.

While the character is in the T pose, I can bring up my in-game menu and select avatar, once I do that I can control the characters hands and waist, but no feet. Also while in T pose, I am able to see the three white tracking balls of my feet and hips which are accurately tracked in the reflection of the in-game mirrors.

Seems like it might be an issue with VR Chat because I never lost tracking with Driver4VR as I was constantly hitting the System Button to check on my feet and hips trackers.

I will attach my diagnostic logs just in case. I’m using a HTC Vive and the Kinect 360.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by realityaxerealityaxe.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    realityaxerealityaxe
    Participant

Figured it out. I just needed to also form a T Pose in real life and squeeze the grab controls and pull the trigger. You need to line up with your character or else hilarious results ensue. Seems to be some issues around legs looking crossed with some characters.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.