Homepage Forums Positional tracking – head and head trackers VR Ridge with Leap Motion and Bluetooth Controllers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    spin1490spin1490
    Participant

So I have a Leap Motion, Android VR Headset with Riftcat and VR Ridge, and I plan to buy some cheap bluetooth vr controllers and the full Driver4VR package if someone can tell me how to set this up/if it will work. I also have the Leap Motion SteamVR Driver installed, and my laptop has a built in bluetooth 4.1 adapter.

I tried messing around with this in the light version of Driver4VR and it looked like it registered the leap motion and the vr ridge headset, but I have no idea how to run vr ridge through driver4vr, and I obviously didn’t have any controllers at the time so I couldn’t test the button mapping or anything in game.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi,
    you should select head tracking with kinect and hand as leap motion.
    at this point you should be able to move around in vr and also see your hands as controllers and rotate them.

i have oridinary vr controller but… i have noticed that some of them the buttons at the finger are separate button as those 4 at the wirst. so you have 6 buttons which is a nice difference.

Recenly I ordered this one and works very well.

spin1490spin1490
    Participant

Thank you for replying. I do not have a Kinect and will not buy one because they are too expensive for me. I will get those Bluetooth controllers, but I want to make sure. If I use my Android headset with VR ridge and only a leap motion with controllers, will it work? I only want the hand tracking from the leap, I do not care about body tracking. Thank you!

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

yes. kinect one is bit expensive. what do you think about 360 ?
    leap motion will not give you head tracking so you will get stuck in one point in vr.

spin1490spin1490
    Participant

I might get the 360 one when I have more money later. But for now I am ok not having head tracking. I will just use my Android VR headset and vr ridge for the head orientation tracking.

el-bohnoel-bohno
    Participant

How to map buttons with daydream? In the device manager the controller is assinged and in the preview all inputs true. But i cant map the buttons, any ideas? At the moment i only use leapmotion, Next week 360 kinect too.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by el-bohnoel-bohno.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.