VR Controllers will not assign buttons

Homepage Forums Positional tracking – head and head trackers Version 3 Beta testing VR Controllers will not assign buttons

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    ajayajayaj
    Participant

I have assigned the buttons, but it will not let me assign it to a controller. The controller position is tracked with the Kinect but not the button presses.

I have assigned all the buttons many times with the old and new UI and it will not work

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    ajayajayaj
    Participant

I also tried using a wiimote, and the accelerometer data worked, but again the button presses did not.

Greg Driver
    Keymaster

hi.
    i want to investigate button problems once i upgrade to new openvr.
    wii will be one of next steps. it is currently in the middle of work and most of it works 🙂 i am showing only orientation right now but buttons don’t work as I have not done them yet.
    greg

ajayajayaj
    Participant

Ok, that makes sense. I didn’t think it would work since it said coming soon, but I thought I’d try since I couldn’t get the bluetooth buttons working.

I’ll wait for the next release then, thanks so much!

Greg Driver
    Keymaster

hi.
    next release will have compatibility with openvr v12. then I need fix problem for those that don’t have button events. that is really annoying.
    and then wii 🙂 i hope you understand 🙂

ajayajayaj
    Participant

The buttons do register inside of the assigning menu, it just doesn’t register in game.

ajayajayaj
    Participant

I got it working, I just had to get the OpenVR-InputEmulator beta

Greg Driver
    Keymaster

so you use input emulator to emulate buttons from vr gamepad on controllers from driver4vr ?

Soul245
    Participant

I’m having the same phone with this guy. I’m also sending a picture.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Driver
    Keymaster

is this problem still open ?

Florian Higl
    Participant

Yes, I have the same issue sadly

Greg Driver
    Keymaster

now UI is a bit different. you need enable vr gamepad support and then click gamepad, tracker and assign button. then you need o tell me if you will see input logs or not.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.