Homepage Forums Positional tracking – head and head trackers Using standard vr controller with bulb, posible achieve 9axis?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    LecitronLecitron
    Participant

HI, i have a kintect 360 and works gorgeous with my ps vr headset, i put a ping pong ball in front of blue led and works ok. I only had to cut a pingpong ball a bit and placed with adhesive.

My question is that if i can do the same (with additional led, obviously) with a vr controller like you show in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkXcWbaP4-E (2:09) to have all axis covered.

Thanks in advance.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

yes. however the way it is done is via relative position of heand and rotation of headset. so you press button and make tiny rotation of head in desired direction.
    it kind of works at acceptable level given how cheap is vr gamepad – 2-3 usd.
    would you be interested in such solution or you think it is too much oversimplicity ?

LecitronLecitron
    Participant

I was look for a cheap solution that works like ps move, then i think is oversimplicity like you said. I think i will save money to buy ps moves.

Another question, i like to play arizona sunshine, i see in your last update that you can redefine keys, has a confortable gameplay now?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.