Homepage Forums New feature Use 2 psmove controllers plus xbox controller for navigation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eric Tracyigot2board
    Participant

Is there a way you can use two ps move controller for your left and right controllers as you normally would. But also be able to add a game-pad so you can utilize the joystick for navigation within games. I know you can emulate the joystick via main button of the psmove controllers, but i still have issues reliably navigating the in-game world this way. Also do you have any recommendations to improve the tracking of the psmove controllers? It seems that using the color tracking option would help with this, but whenever i try to set that up the program runs very slow and I am only getting around 20fps from both the kinect and driver4vr itself.

Thanks for your time and the wonderful opportunities this program makes possible.

Eric Tracy

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

if you have low fps it means that your pc can’t handle calculations. can you tell if this is kinect one or 360?
    there is also other option to use psmove joystick when you press it and rotate instead of move. did you try that?

Eric Tracyigot2board
    Participant

I am using the kinect one. If I do not have color tracking on, and just use the psmoveservice I can run driver4vr at 30fps for kinect and 58-60 fps from driver4vr with no problem. I have a GTX 1070 and a I7 so im not sure the computer is the problem. I have tried both ways of navigation via the psmove controllers, and I can make it work. But still cant quickly maneuver the way I could with a joystick of some kind.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

in theory you can enable psmoveservice support and vr gamepad support and then after configuring psmoveservice you can map additional buttons as in vr gamepad tutorial. but that will not work now cause driver will force one way over other.
    i will make it work this way so please stay tuned on new releases.

Eric Tracyigot2board
    Participant

Good to know, thanks for the reply. One other thing I was wondering if it would be possible to write a script to make the psmove service automatically calibrate the controllers every 10-15 seconds or so. That would make game play so much smoother without having to manually calibrate it every time you get moving quickly in the heat of the game.

Thanks again for everything you do,

Eric Tracy

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

believe me that would not work 🙂 it would recenter them in moments you don’t expect and cause more troubles.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.