Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting *Updated* DK2 & NOLO Tutorial

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    cyborgjoe1cyborgjoe1
    Participant

First, install Oculus software (OculusSetup.exe) from the website (No need for OSVR).
    – Run software.
    Secondly, install NOLO Assistant.
    – Run software.
    – Follow Instructions on NOLO website to connect all devices (Headset Marker, Controllers and Base Station)
    Third, install Driver4VR.
    – Put Head Tracking as ‘NOLO’ – However you still need the DK2 Sensor set up.
    – In settings – Turn ‘Force Vive Model’ on.
    – Check ‘Autostart’.

Install SteamVR (use this for everything, not Oculus Home or you won’t have controllers).

Finally, go into the Oculus software settings – Disable ‘Show health and safety warnings’ and enable ‘Unknown Sources’. Then right click the icon on PC desktop, properties, compatibility, run as Administrator.

Then open SteamVR and run Room setup.
    – You will need to have NOLO open, the NOLO devices on and the headset on before running SteamVR.

Then only start SteamVR (not Oculus), to play VR games!
    – You will need to have NOLO open, the NOLO devices on and the headset on before running SteamVR.

-‘Force Vive Model’ needs to be on as the NOLO controllers emulate the Vive Controllers and this makes sure the software recognises the (Oculus) DK2 and NOLO controllers as *Vive* hardware.
    – Input errors can occur, such as in Skyrim VR, where it will open and recognise the setup as Oculus if you don’t have ‘Force Vive Model’ checked, meaning you can’t get past the menu or picking a hand screen as you don’t have the A or Y buttons.

– If checking ‘Force Vive Model’ in Driver4VR settings doesn’t work, use PseudoVive (download online and copy the toggle version into steamVR as you need to have it ‘Enabled’ as SteamVR starts up, but then ‘Disable’ it afterwards to use/start Driver4VR).

Physical side:
    (I used a tripod on a table to mount the sensors)
    -Put the NOLO base station slightly higher than the headset marker
    -Put the DK2 sensor below the NOLO base station
    -Try and align the 2 sensors so they point in the same direction

-For the headset marker put it on top of the DK2 in between the cables and thread the cable through the head strap.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

i was going to make video instructions this week.

i will check your additional steps. i know that vive emulation does not work well with new api as you say.

more for that purpose i created ability to emulate touch instead of using vive emulation. i will test that as well.

i did not do this part. what happens for ou if that is not set??
    —————————-
    Finally, go into the Oculus software settings – Disable ‘Show health and safety warnings’ and enable ‘Unknown Sources’. Then right click the icon on PC desktop, properties, compatibility, run as Administrator.
    —————————-

cyborgjoe1cyborgjoe1
    Participant

Hey Greg.

If it’s not set, Oculus Home will run every time you start SteamVR, however, if you check run as administrator, Oculus Home doesn’t not start, meaning SteamVR loads faster, and games do not run through Oculus Home, which would be a problem with the DK2 and NOLO as the controllers would not be available in Oculus Home.

OVRServer still runs in the background, meaning you can fully use the DK2 with the sensor, but everything (all software) runs through SteamVR instead of Oculus Home.

cyborgjoe1cyborgjoe1
    Participant

The only issues I’ve come across with NOLO are:

– The 180 degree turn (from NOLO assistant) which turns the controllers but not the headset FOV – usually requiring a restart of all software.
    – In games such as ‘Overview’ and ‘Star Trek: Bridge Crew’, the NOLO controllers do not appear at all so you cannot use them (may be a problem with the Oculus/Vive recognition issue).
    – SteamVR Tutorial also still recognises the headset as Oculus not Vive and asks for Oculus Touch input which cannot be given with NOLO controllers.
    – After a while the controllers can jitter and jolt off to the side or up randomly – The headset FOV can also do this randomly (sometimes rendering underneath the play area).

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

go to hand tracking list in driver4v4 and select VOLO VR and click touch emulation. after restart trackers will be created by driver, and depending on emulation they will (should) act properly as touch.

i was not using option you said but that is very interesting. will check.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

do yo have any problem with interference from dk2 ?

cyborgjoe1cyborgjoe1
    Participant

Sometimes the headset and controllers get jittery but other than that there is no interference

cyborgjoe1cyborgjoe1
    Participant

The Oculus Touch emulation and button mapping for NOLO doesn’t seem to work as well as Vive emulation also and Oculus Touch does not appear in games (Controller support errors)

danank92danank92
    Participant

after playing for some time ostion tracking changed itself.
    I have to go out of dk2 and rejust angle postition tracking.
    very inconvenient if the steam game requires play in the middle area. because the middle position has changed. the last way is to get out of the game to ajust steam
    sorry for my english

chris margachchris margach
    Participant

Hi all, has any one got nolo ceiling mount setup working with the dk2 or the 180deg double button press to work?

Participant

Hi All,

i follow the instructions and start steam vr with driver4vr but the dk2 display switches on then off real quick. am i missing some thing?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

same happens withouut driver4vr? did you use power adapter?

Participant

Hi Greg,

I managed to get working without the oculus sensor just nolo vr.
    im using the latest oculus software, to get it working i start the nolo software with other selected then start the oculus software so the screen comes on the DK2, i then used the xbox controller to un-check the no sensor error on the DK2.
    when i start steam, driver4vr starts and displays on the DK2.
    i’ve played for about 20min and it works pretty well its a shame ceiling mode doesn’t work but still an enjoyable experience.
    Thanks for your work.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

do you mean it stopped working ceiling mode?

Participant

Hi Greg,

normal nolo mode front facing sensor works fine but if i switch nolo to ceiling mode and restart driver4vr when i walk forward i move up and backwards moves down like ceiling mode dosn’t work.
    should it work?

thanks for your reply

C GC G
    Participant

I have followed your dk2 sensor removal suggestion and running Oculus in Administrator mode to prevent Oculus Home from loading however, if Oculus Home doesn’t load then how are you to check the no sensor warning and if I run Oculus Home as an Administrator then nothing happens on dk2. Am I missing somethings?

Im having the exact same issues as your descirbed and was wondering whether there had been any update since your post.

All the best

j0s3lu1sj0s3lu1s
    Participant

Saludos, alguien sabe como configurar el DK2 para poder jugar Affected clásico con Kinectcon el Driver4VR, pero no tengo NOLO solo tengo el DK2 con su cámara de seguimiento o realmente necesito tener este NOLO, quiero saber si realmente podría moverme dentro de este juego simulando caminar porque al moverme con controles de consola MAREA DEMASIADO agradecria la respuesta de alguien que se maestro en el tema o tenga experiencia en este Driver4VR.

Greetings, someone knows how to configure the DK2 to play classic Affected with Kinect with the Driver4VR, but I don’t have NOLO I only have the DK2 with its tracking camera or I really need to have this NOLO, I want to know if I could really move inside this game simulating walking because when moving with console controls MAREA TOO thank the response of someone who is master in the subject or has experience in this Driver4VR

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.