Homepage Forums General Two scenarios for positional tracking

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JabberwockJabberwock
    Participant

I am trying to use two scenarios with VRidge being fed positional data with Freetrack.

1. Cardboard + Kinect + Razer Hydra.

It works somewhat, the problem is that it is nearly impossible to sync Kinect tracking (HMD) and the Hydras (controllers). It would be most useful if the positions of the controllers would correct depending on the location of hand joints of Kinect.

2. Cardboard + Balance Board + Razer Hydra

Balance Board is used as a relative positional input (similar to 3DRudder), i.e. the movement of the HMD is virtual, as the player is standing/sitting. This has the obvious downside that even though the body moves, the hands remain as they were.

Would Driver4VR help in any of those?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hydra has controllers but not head tracking. yes?
    the answer is: yes.

i need allow same calibration as there is currently for body tracking. now there is no such option but I can make it once I make 3.0 stable.

but you will be syncing hydra position with head position from kienct so they will match.

this is how I sync body tracking with existing head tracking like oculus or vive. it is not surprice that it don’t work for you as they are 2 different systems.

JabberwockJabberwock
    Participant

I realize they are incompatible, as they use different coordinate systems. However, another problem is that Hydras lose accuracy the farther they are from the station… That is why it would be useful to use hand joints to ‘correct’ them.

I will wait for further developments then.

Dzięki! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.