Homepage Forums tVR – play VR games on TV tVR with WMR but headset sitting on the desk

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tom MoonMooN_tm
    Participant

I’ve been wondering how to manage a setup like on this video, have a big screen TV and would gladly prefer not having to put the headset on my head and just using the screen

WMR I have is Odyssey (v1 2017)

John Billsjables
    Participant

Yes I’d be curious if there is a way to get this setup working on WMR too. I definitely would rather use the TV instead of the headset for many of these apps (Beat Saber definitely). It’s also a lot safer for younger kids to not use the headset – a TV would totally be fine.

I can’t seem to override the orientation of the WMR controllers in Driver4VR – I need them to flip or “reverse” so that I can set the headset on the shelf near the TV, facing me. Even on the shelf, it seems to track the controllers just fine, only they are pointing backwards instead of forwards. Any way to set this up? It seems to be what was done in the video above, but I just can’t seem to figure out the configuration used.

John Billsjables
    Participant

I’ve been playing around with it some more, I was thinking if I override with the yaw from Kinect, and just use the WMR controllers for rotation, it might work.
    But I can’t seem to get the display right. If I launch with tVR as the headset, then Steam doesn’t recognize the WMR controllers. But obviously if I launch without tVR, the controllers are fine but I’d have to use the HMD.
    I wonder if there’d be a way to pass through the controller tracking but not use the headset so I could replace that with tVR? It seems like the tracking is still active from Windows Mixed Reality Portal, even when I’m using tVR with Steam. If we could add the WMR controller stream to the list of configurable controllers, it would be great if we could tap into the controller tracking and use the controllers even when not using the headset. Seems like all of the ingredients are there to do this, just would need wired up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.