Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Touchpad touch (thumbstick) mode

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jason Pollflowspot
    Participant

I use the xbox one gamepad in vive emulation mode. VR applications sometimes require rewinding of file lists, menus, etc. The touchpad touch function is used, but when I select this mode; single click=touchpad touch (thumbstick), nothing happens when I press it once, i.e. the touch function (touch on the sensor) is not activated, it is only active when I press thumbstick on the gamepad and keep it closed all the time, but it is almost impossible to simulate touchpad movement normally on the touchpad sensor in this position. What could be the problem?

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

can you give me few examples of such list ?
    best if I check same what you.

Jason Pollflowspot
    Participant

Thank you for answering. Once again, as the interpreter may be translating a little differently. Since I have a broken NoloVR controller, I decided to use the Vive controller emulation feature via the xbox one gamepad. I am trying to use it in SKYBOX VR Video Player (https://store.steampowered.com/app/721090/). In this program the function of rewinding the list of files is transferred to the touch panel of controllers. So, like I said earlier, I have to click on the gamepad stick to simulate touching the touchpad and then move the stick down to start scrolling the file list, all the while I keep the stick pressed. In the lowermost position of the stick, the pressure on the stick is no longer possible and the simulation of touching the sensor stops. It will also stop if you run the stick in a circle, in other words, it is impossible to rotate the stick while pressing the stick at the same time. I assumed that the program had a function that when you press the gamepad stick once, the program switches it to the simulation of touching the sensor, and you can simply rotate the stick without pressing it.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator

Jason Pollflowspot
    Participant

As I understand it, the default function meant that one touch per stick imitates touching a finger on a touchpad. This touch is simulated as long as the gamepad stick is constantly pressed. Is it possible to make a single tap on a stick to activate the touch mode and not require a constant tap on the gamepad stick, then it would be possible for the gamepad stick to rotate freely in all directions. Pressing again would disable touchpad mode. Alternatively, other combinations can be envisaged.
    As I said before, pressing and rotating the sticks at the same time causes certain difficulties.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

yes. that makes sense. i will add this to backlog.

Jason Pollflowspot
    Participant

Thank you for your support.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster
    Jason Pollflowspot
    Participant

Thank you, Greg, now I see it’s working. I see that you have added two modes: one tap on the stick simulates constant touching of the touchpad with your finger, and double tap on the stick simulates constant touchpad pressing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.