Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Some questions about a Wiimote setup

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy WhitsonJeremy Whitson
    Participant

Hi! I finally got my Kinect 360 setup today and have been having fun trying to get room scale VR working. I am attempting to use Wiimotes as my controllers. I know that this is still very much in development but had a couple of questions:

1. Is there any issue with using two Wiimotes instead of a Wiimote + Nunchuck? This works well for me in SteamVR home and previewing in Driver4VR but when I actually load up a game it often stops detecting one of my hands and/or stops reading my button presses. It seems like it even got confused as to which controller was which at one point and switched which button presses corresponded to which hand.

2. Would it be possible to get a new configuration that reads some button press on the Wiimote as clicking in the Vive touchpad? I was trying to play The Lab but couldn’t advance since I couldn’t click the touchpad in order to teleport. It seems to be the one input that isn’t emulated.

In case it is helpful, I am using a Google Pixel 1 with Riftcat 2.0 (USB tethered).

Thanks in advance!

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi.
    you can use two wii motes of course.
    so what happened when you clicked arrows or home button? that should act as touchpad.

Participant

Hi, Greg, thanks for replying! So I think I figured out part of this which is that 3-DOF controllers were turned on in Riftcat 2.0 and it seems like it was interfering somehow. Now that I switched that off I have no problem with registering button presses.

However, I’m still unable to teleport with two Wiimotes in The Lab. If I use a Wiimote and a Nunchuck, the Nunchuck’s joystick acts as a touchpad and lets me teleport. This isn’t ideal though as the Wiimote works better for aiming. Nothing seems to happen when I press the Home button on the Wiimote. When I use the D-pad I can see a little dot move around the touchpad in VR in whatever direction I am pressing but no teleportation. This problem is the same whether I use a Wiimote and a Nunchuck or two Wiimotes.

Thanks for the help!

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

i will check this and update with solution or new build.

Participant

Awesome! Thanks so much, Greg. I really appreciate all of the hard work you put into this project.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.