Homepage Forums Positional tracking – head and head trackers RGBD Stream to computer from my iPhone XR IR sensor as a Kinect

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jason SelsleyJMS1717
    Participant

Hi, I wanted to use my iPhone XR’s dot projector and front camera as a Kinect for Driver4VR. I got an app called Record3D that allows me to stream that data to my computer in the form of RGBD data. I am wondering if this is possible and if it is, how would I be able to do this?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

do you think it track for long enough distance? do you have any sample video?

Jason SelsleyJMS1717
    Participant

Although I bought a Kinect since then, I do think it would definitely lower the barrier of entry to use your application. The range is not an issue in my opinion, it looks just like a Kinect 360 depth map. Like I said, I was able to use Record3D to stream this data to my computer with a USB cord but I have no idea how to use this data other than the demo that was provided. If you were interested in implementing this into your program, I recommend emailing the support email (support@record3d.app), the guy is super nice and he walked me through setting up the demo in great detail!

Here is a demo of me using it, if you need more info, please let me know.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

yes. definitively looks like quality should be enough. i will think about this ๐Ÿ™‚
    what model of iphone supports it?

Jason SelsleyJMS1717
    Participant

Any iPhone that doesnโ€™t have a home button. (All releases after iPhone X)

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

interesting idea but can’t say anything now ๐Ÿ™‚
    thanks for posting!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.