Homepage Forums Announcements Release 4.8.0.0 – Headset orientation reset to address drift problem

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

In this release:
    – a way to reset headset orientation to address drift problems

– new method of controller orientation from kinect only. in development.
    – diagonal touchpad for wii when combination of arrow keys is pressed.
    – hand tracking purely from psmoveservice. driver4vr acting as steamvr driver. in development.
    – addressed problem of UI error (however not yet working in 100% of cases).
    – nolovr new sdk that support new firmware.

Enrico CaroDukati
    Participant

How to apply the drift correction in ALVR that don’t have the possibility to Re-center with a keyboard shortcut but use gives only the possibility to use/map a gearvr/go controller to Re-center, if like in my case I use 2 psmove controller and not the gearvr controller?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

Do you have drift of headset with Oculus GO and ALVR?
    Or you mean controller drift ?

Eter NalsdEter Nalsd
    Participant

Hi Greg

You really rocks !! So fun to play BeatSaber without drift with your kinect controller orientation.

Thank you SO MUCH !!

Mohammed FazilMohammed Fazil
    Participant

Hey Greg,
    Could you tell me more about what these features will do

– hand tracking purely from psmoveservice. driver4vr acting as steamvr driver. in development.

Thanks,
    Fazil

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

first option tells how emulate 2dof orientation purely from kinect. if you try it you’ll figure out 🙂
    second tells you to ignore actual controller orientation and use one from Kinect. if you have ps move it will use just buttons and orientation will be taken from Kinect.
    this is when you have controllers with big yaw or drifting which is very problematic with games like beat saber. so even kinect emulated orientation might be better.

D TXcalibur
    Participant

Hi Greg,

Is it possible to use this feature to trigger the calibrate button in the auto correction in “calibrate angle between headset and sensor” window?

I moved from using Riftcat to a direct to HMD solution. Small drift from HMD is still there(or offset from HMD resting position before initializing). Other than room setup, there is no other way to correct this.

Please advice. Thanks!

D TXcalibur
    Participant

Since re-center is possible in SteamVR via advanced settings or setting menu, kinect/hmd angle auto correct is essentially the same as hmd angle correction. It would be great to be able to assign a key to it to use with this feature.

greytoshiakigreytoshiaki
    Participant

“second tells you to ignore actual controller orientation and use one from Kinect. if you have ps move it will use just buttons and orientation will be taken from Kinect.”

Please make this available on all controllers, not just psmove. I need it on wii mote.

D TXcalibur
    Participant

In Kinect controller settings window, Greg wrote : “Overwrite controller’s orientation from assigned device like PS Move, Joy-con. Use only device’s buttons.”

@greytoshiaki
    It IS for ANY device. Not just PS Move.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

those re different things. if angle between kinect and hmd is wrong then move left and right physically will not be proper in vr.
    i could eventually re-center in vr but it does not relly makes a sense.
    because once you get proper angle you are back in play area.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.