In this release:
– a way to reset headset orientation to address drift problems
– new method of controller orientation from kinect only. in development.
– diagonal touchpad for wii when combination of arrow keys is pressed.
– hand tracking purely from psmoveservice. driver4vr acting as steamvr driver. in development.
– addressed problem of UI error (however not yet working in 100% of cases).
– nolovr new sdk that support new firmware.
How to apply the drift correction in ALVR that don’t have the possibility to Re-center with a keyboard shortcut but use gives only the possibility to use/map a gearvr/go controller to Re-center, if like in my case I use 2 psmove controller and not the gearvr controller?
first option tells how emulate 2dof orientation purely from kinect. if you try it you’ll figure out 🙂
second tells you to ignore actual controller orientation and use one from Kinect. if you have ps move it will use just buttons and orientation will be taken from Kinect.
this is when you have controllers with big yaw or drifting which is very problematic with games like beat saber. so even kinect emulated orientation might be better.