Homepage Forums Announcements Release 3.8.0 – Body trackers from Nolo VR, Wii, Joycon

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 51 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    PodPod
    Participant

Sure. I’m away till tomorrow night. Will try it then.

Cheers for all the replies BTW.

ZerberiusZerberius
    Participant

@Greg Driver

So, the NOLO uses it’s own base station to do the tracking? No need for a Kinect with it, just NOLO and the driver4vr right?

Would you say it’s more accurate than kinect 360 with psmove? I may buy NOLO if it’s more accurate and can let me turn around. The kinect 360 loses tracking if I try to turn to the side, plus the feet trackers aren’t in line with the ground for some reason.

When I walk towards the kinect, the trackers rise up from the ground. If I walk away from the kinect 360, the trackers sink into the ground. Not sure if this is a hardware limitation or a bug though.

@pod

I’d also like to ask you how the NOLO trackers work(ed) Are they accurate?

PodPod
    Participant

I dont have any. I’m using 2 psmoves through a 360 kinect

PodPod
    Participant

Hi Greg. Here is my log

What I did
    1) loaded SteamVR home
    2) Centered both psmoves
    3) Pressed Square on my left controller. This did nothing
    4) pressed Square 2 more times on my left controller. This rotated me right twice. First to face the Big TV and then to face backwards (away from the controller instruction boards)
    5) Pressed Triangle 2 times on my right controller. This rotated me first to face the Big tv and then to face forward once again so I could see the controller instruction boards.

I had a look at the logs. The First square press looks like it was logged so no idea why i didnt rotate that time. Hopefully you got what you needed? If not chuck me another build and I can try it again.

Cheers

Pod

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

in logs all looks the same.
    one idea is that you live on other side of earth and my left side is your right.
    just in case i added parameter to change rotation explicitely. i don’t like such paramteters but this will allow you to play while I will look for problem.

please check extra parameter in this build and let me know if that works for you.

PodPod
    Participant

Cheers Greg.

Will try tonight. Dunno if it helps but I’m doing all this via riftcat and a galaxy s8 in a gear vr. Maybe riftcat does something screwy where they flip rotation?

cretkensighcretkensigh
    Participant

XD lol have we unwilling found the ultimate proof that the earth is a sphere. Because driver4vr works differently on each side of the hemisphere XD

PodPod
    Participant

Theres something very wrong with that build Greg.

The lighting was flickering like crazy and I was stuck in the floor much further back than I should have been.
    Neither controller’s square or triangle buttons would rotate.

The Version no was still 3.10.2. I’ve attached a log.
    I’m going to roll back to the proper 3.10.2 to check it goes back to normal

Pod

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    PodPod
    Participant

I went back to the build with the rotation logging and the flickering is gone but I was still in the floor. Figured it out that the room setup data had been cleared/corrupted. Re-ran room setup and was then back in the right place.

Now, when I ran your new build it did initially have me in the right place. So your build could well have caused that.

Also, I still didn’t have the ability to rotate via the controller buttons. I had to toggle a few settings in the PSMove Configuration screen before it finally allowed me to rotate again via the buttons.

For future reference. Where are the driver4vr settings stored? It might be worth me deleting them and setting up everything from scratch in case there’s some legacy stuff in there that’s causing issues?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

@Pod, what you mean by lighting flickering ?

PodPod
    Participant

The lighting of the world.
    As if someone was turning the lights up and down every frame

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

and this happens when driver starts ?
    can you make quick video with headset mirror preview ?

PodPod
    Participant

Yeah. I can do that tonight.

I can’t remember if it was when the driver started or when I pressed a rotation button but I’ll document my steps tonight.

In other news. Did you get a chance to look at the images I posted in the led v skeleton thread?

Viện Thẩm Mỹ Kangnamvienthammykangnam
    Participant

Xin chao, minh la ba tan vlog day. Cac chau oiii, keo nay ngon lammmm

Viewing 14 posts - 51 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.