Homepage Forums Head (only head) tracking Really need help! Head tracking, height, out of the vr zone

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    G. M.G. M.
    Participant

It’s me again.

I bought the software even if I couldn’t try it and now I run into more and more problems. I am using a Kinect one, everything works except the head tracking.

I use it to head track and here are my problems so far:

– I always appear OUTSIDE of the VR zone
    – Sometimes, the Kinect thinks I walk in another direction than the one intended
    – I also appear to be WAY too tall. In some games, I appear to be 2 meters 40 cm… which is bigger than a door. Meaning that I have to crouch like crazy to do normal things.

I tried calibrating in different ways, but so far, no luck.

Please help me 🙁 I am really lost and really want to use the software correctly.

G. M.G. M.
    Participant

Found a temporary (but complicated) solution.

I don’t track with the skeleton but with a red light now. So I can calibrate from the software Driver4VR (for the orientation) then from the SteamVR properties (Quick Calibration) when I put the Headset on the ground. It reset the position.

Problem is when the program stops though…

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

i have extended yoru trial.
    first of all you should calibrate headset yaw. it is Calibrate button next to head tracking selection.
    then you should do normal steamvr room calibration and i think that should work.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.