Homepage Forums General Question: Kinect350 + Nintendo Joy-cons + TrinusVR?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    XoidrenXoidren
    Participant

Just wondering if it is possible to use my Kinect 360 to get full (or at least partial) body tracking in SteamVR games with my Switch Joy-con as controllers and if I can use this software alongside TrinusVR. If it is possible, would I need glowing tracking balls attached to my controllers or is there a way I could do without those? Furthermore, I am wondering if Driver4VR needs some form of tracking ball attached to the headset in order for the Kinect 360 to recognize my head movement as well. If anyone can answer any one or all of these questions I’d be grateful! Thanks!

(Info: I’ve gotten my phone, in a cardboard headset, to be recognized and used in place of a Vive using TrinusVR. It works pretty well with SteamVR, but I’d like to get full body tracking as well as or at least hand tracking so I can get full functionality with SteamVR games. Thanks!)

Edit: Just read in another post that the Joy-con compatibility will be added next week. All other questions still apply. Thanks in advance!

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by XoidrenXoidren.
    Kaeden IrvineTheDunkShot
    Participant

The latest update supports joycon and yes you can use riftcat and trinusvr. If you want to have positional tracking you may have to buy a led ping pong ball and strap it to your head with a kinect staring at you. If you want positional tracking for your joycon you will have to do the same.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Kaeden IrvineTheDunkShot.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.