Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting PS Move Service: left-right is forward-backwards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Evgeny LaktanovSoul
    Participant

Okay, so I have troubles with ps move service. Even though everything is fine in its internal config, i.e. tracking demo works just fine, in driver4vr horizontal axi are flipped, when I move my (he-he-he) move forward it moves right in Steam. Anyway I can fix that?

Evgeny LaktanovSoul
    Participant

No ideas? Perhaps, there is a way to swap axis in Driver4VR?

Evgeny LaktanovSoul
    Participant

Positional data from my ping pong ball virtual hmd also has to corrected and actually can be corrected through angle correction feature of head tracking. Why this cannot happen for controller input?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

you need perform headset calibration. button next to head tracking.

Evgeny LaktanovSoul
    Participant

I must be selectively blind, because I don’t see that button

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Evgeny LaktanovSoul
    Participant

Okay, got it to work. What you have to do:
    1) Do NOT use angle correction feature in Driver4VR in FreeTrack settings
    2) Use PiTool room setup to center your headset and PSMoveService tracking direction (so now you should see your ps moves moving in the same directions as you move them)
    3) Invert axi x and z in PsMoveFreepieBridge FreePIE script (NOTE: I needed that, not sure if you do)

So now it works, and damn it I am rather pissed it took me so long to figure it out.

Evgeny LaktanovSoul
    Participant

Actually scratch number two out, use Recenter option in PiTool Tray, same thing but faster and easier

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

thanks.
    there are things I add but are not yet documented and that is one of them.
    what is your actual source of freetrack? also psmoveservice ?

Evgeny LaktanovSoul
    Participant

You can use PSMoveService directly? How? At the moment I am using PsMoveFreepieBridge and FreePIE to emulate FreeTrack device, so the tracking data for the headset comes from PsMoveService, then is pumped into FreePIE, then is exported as a FreeTrack compatible data, then Driver4VR eats it. I would really appreciate if it was possible to just take data from PsMoveService, they have this VirtualHMD devices specifically for tracking HMD with no positional data available.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

ok. so you actually already doing it properly for head tracking.
    we could get away from FreeTrack option and take data directly from PSMoveService but that is just to make things simpler.

for hand controllers I want to do mine alternative of psmoveservice steamvr bridge which is option 7 on hand tracking. but it is not well tested yet.

i will be testing this scenario in more details.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.