Homepage Forums General Poor man's VR

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MessoR178MessoR178
    Participant

Going to try using this app with Riftcat(VRidge) 2.0, which recently came out.
    Got a decent phone, some sort of head mount with 5ghz router so I’m not restricted with wires, steam controller(wireless too) and borrowed 360 kinect from a friend.
    BUT I don’t have spare money for now.
    Both apps are timed trials with 10-15 min duration. I want to try it first and make a decision, should I buy them or not. So I need some advice on setting the thing and test it in about 10 minutes.
    There are few “buts”/restrictions I found myself already:
    1. Driver doesn’t see steam controller. (got PS3 one, but damn. Emulating HMD, emulating VR tracking AND emulating xbox controller is too much I think. There are wires too.)
    2. I don’t have hand controllers at all. And getting one is out of question for now. It’s hard to get one at my location, as I said I don’t have spare money for now, and I’m not sure if it will work at all, so what will I do with controllers if it doesn’t work?

So, as I said I need some advice for how to make it work in shortest time, so I can make up a decision.

swiceje2600swiceje2600
    Participant

Most games use xinput nowadays so if you have working controller of any kind you can use x360ce (which is free) to emulate an xinput controller.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

simple vr gamepad should give you sort of feeling.
    and yes, perhaps you can experiment with making steam controller working with xinput.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.