Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Please recommend PCI-E to USB card for kinect

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    moonbreeze4moonbreeze4
    Participant

I’m using a MSI Z87-G45 motherboard and kinect configuration verifier said I don’t have the right usb controller for kinect. Which PCI-E to USB extension card should I go for?

Charles MemeStillcs
    Participant

I’m currently using a Rosewill PCI-E to USB 3.0 4-Port PCI Express Expansion Card for a 360 Kinect and it works without an issue. I’m not 100% if it will work for a xbox one kinect.

Carlos Riverabad.boo
    Participant

Thanks, I have a kinect 360 as well. I will order this PCI-e card.
    I have that issue with my kinect disconnecting every 5 minutes or so. I can come back after I try this, with comments.
    cheers

moonbreeze4moonbreeze4
    Participant

Do you need extra power plug in for this one? When I plug in kinect, windows said not enough power supply on this one

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by moonbreeze4moonbreeze4.
    moonbreeze4moonbreeze4
    Participant

I bought this one, and plug in its power cord with 4 pin power supply, still get window showing error message and kinect configuration verifier said No supported USB 3.0 detected

moonbreeze4moonbreeze4
    Participant

‘ Unknown USB Device needs more power than the port can supply’…I already using the Built-in 4-pin Power Connector to receiving Extra Power Supply, but no help. The adaptor I use is HDE USB AC Power Supply Cable Adapter for XBOX Kinect Motion Sensor, with an 360 kinect.

Carlos Riverabad.boo
    Participant

I bought the same thing (HDE usb ac power adaptor), but keep disconnecting after a few minutes.

I bought the usb pci-e card expansion (mentioned above and waiting for delivery now). It should work and if it doesn’t, then at least I can use it for other things.

moonbreeze4moonbreeze4
    Participant

I bought exactly the same product, is there anything else I should do? I still get ‘No supported USB 3.0 Detected’ message from Kinect v2 Configuration Verifier but the new usb port works fine for other usb device.

Carlos Riverabad.boo
    Participant

Ok I bought this PCI card (the rosewill PCI-e card recomended above) and it seems t work well.
    On normal use in my PC, it didn’t disconnect. On the weekend I will try to use it with the VR set.

So, so far looks good 🙂

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Carlos Riverabad.boo.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Carlos Riverabad.boo.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.