Homepage Forums New feature Occlusion

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    D TXcalibur
    Participant

Hi Greg,

Hands overlapping in front of body is working fine! It would be great if it has less trouble reading hand behind back: for gun/sword drawing in quite a few games… and yielding dual pistol at all angles.

Then, it’s possible to use one Kinect to rule them all. 😀

• This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by D TXcalibur.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by D TXcalibur.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi.
    this is kinect limitations but I have idea to experiment with a bit different mapping of physical vs virtual space. will see if that works 🙂
    the best if you use Led tracking.

Greg

D TXcalibur
    Participant

Tried the new version in the download section. It works great! Very little lag… orientation of controllers are consistent.

One bugs remains: when the controllers are together, it bugs: freezes, one of my controller disconnects or it shakes a lot merge,etc… In the previous build, it was more robust. It was easier to fire bow/arrow, dual yield guns perpendicular to the sensor, yield dual hands staff weapons(ie. get the controllers together in general).

It would be great if something can be done about it. I guess I have to try color tracking maybe?

Overall, it works great now with minimal disconnects. 😀

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

can you try starting ps move service before starting driver4vr?

D TXcalibur
    Participant

I always did. Also, the UI is frozen: couldn’t open colour calibration window.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

can you confrm you use 3.0.0 ?
    i did so much to remove all freezes… but yes. probably few weeks there will be still some issues.

D TXcalibur
    Participant

Yes. 3.0.0.0

It’s not frozen. It’s just really slow to respond. Color view image is not moving…

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

ok. so you have head tracking with skeleton and hand tracking with colur. yes?
    first of all, can you calibrate colour ?

D TXcalibur
    Participant

No. The UI was always frozen/slow. I guess I didn’t check before. But skeleton tracking for head and controllers is working great.

Actually, i did use calibration for angle correction. The ui was fine before colour calibration/led light hand controller selection.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by D TXcalibur.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

ui can be slow in colour calibration.
    is this also slow in vr?

D TXcalibur
    Participant

No. Skeleton head/hands fully functional in VR. Very responsive in fact…

D TXcalibur
    Participant

Now, when i try to open colour calibration, the UI froze, SteamVR frozen.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

so question is if you also use colour tracking ? what controllers you have ?

D TXcalibur
    Participant

PS Move. Green left, Red right. Can’t even “Stop Driver4vr” to change hand controller selection to Kinect – Skeleton.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

do you have free cpu ?

D TXcalibur
    Participant

ah, not really. 80%

D TXcalibur
    Participant

Turning off Driver4VR and it drops to 26%.

D TXcalibur
    Participant

In the logs, Driver4VR is checking every 5 seconds for controllers. Can’t you get it from PSMoveService instead? It knows when the polling failed.

All my cores are at maxed out when it freezes. I’ll try to uninstall and reinstall to deselect led tracking for hand controllers.

D TXcalibur
    Participant

Is there a way to reset the drop down selection fields? I can’t use the UI anymore.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

there is not but I will add cause there were similar requests.
    you can delete driver4vr section from vrconfig file in Steam.
    Also if you restart steam and don’t start driver then fields shoud be enabled.

D TXcalibur
    Participant

Ok. I disabled autostart and the UI is functional.

D TXcalibur
    Participant

With skeleton tracking only, i’m at 35% avg CPU usage(42% at max of i5 3570k@3.8Ghz).

sfex3championsfex3champion
    Participant

Cpu usage image

Mine goes to 100% cpu usage and everything is then stuttery not possible unfortunately to do anything. I7 4690

Its all caused by driver4vr aswell as soon as I start driver4vr everything is in slow motion almost.

Setup- kinect + ps moves + psvr

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by sfex3championsfex3champion.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi,
    yes. i work on it. i am not sure yet what can be done about it. I can tell now that this is not related to processing of image.
    you have One Kinect. right ?

Participant

Its cool man you should probably enjoy your holidays

I don’t know when I go on steamvr it shows 3 kinect images is that normal? I only have 1 kinect one tho.

I do need to uninstall that osvr library think its just oculus stuff. But still Yeh its using too much cpu.

Also my move controllers are always facing behind me or something its hard to fix. Is it possible to add a calibration for the moves controllers?

Edit: I have the new move controllers while do not havr the magmometer btw

Thanks for the reply

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by sfex3championsfex3champion.
    D TXcalibur
    Participant

Hi Greg,

An idea for decrease cpu load: split the configuration into a separate runtime? Would it help if the config is run separately from the service like PSMoveService and config?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

i am working on it right now. will send u something by eof week.

Greg

D TXcalibur
    Participant

Great! More precision from color tracking would be awesome. Then, I can try it for both standing and seated positions.

I’m using Kinectv1. Have to be pretty far from the sensor but it works great thanks to you.

Participant

I followed advice on other threads closed osvr the oculus thing I had running and also started psmoveservice before starting up steam vr and driver4vr. And it worked better. I got about 60/80% cou usage now and games were playable 🙂

I just played box vr with putting the move controllers on the floor and just using my own hands wth the body tracking as boxing and I have to say that was awesome apart from slight hand drifting to wrong way (I think this is because I have new move controllers I can’t calibrate a magmometer because the new ones don’t have) unfortunate for me but that was good.

This is from someone who’s used the rift almost on par for this game slightly harder but once I get used to the framerate I think I’ll beat my rift scores. Superhot is another games that worked really well.

Some other games are a little difficult currently because my cpu is so high but progress made im now super pleases I bought this and I really appreciate what you’ve done here.

Thanks greg

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.