Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting No devices for the kinect when starting drivers?

Tagged: 

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    SamPieSamPie
    Participant

Hello,

I hocked up a kinect 360 to drivers4vr but when i start it, it doesnt seems to add the 3 devices needed to work… i can calibrate it though and everything looks fine but i the kinect does not track me in any games or anything.

Please see image

I am running a riftcat and kinect360

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    SamPieSamPie
    Participant

UPDATE:

I reinstalled everything, rebooted, checked my antivirus and now it seems to work but still crashes from times to times… (might be riftcat)

The only hic is that if i want the kinect to show up in the devices running, i have to make sure the body tracking is turned off before i start steamVR, then turn it on and start the drivers.

Now i’m trying to figure out how to make the kinect track my movements in VRchat… my avatar is standing in T pose and not moving at all.

Any tips?

SamPieSamPie
    Participant

UPDATE:

VRcompositor crashes 75% of the time after start drivers4VR…

SamPieSamPie
    Participant

UPDATE #4

after some more reinstall and verifying files integrity, it all seems to work.
    Only one thing, i’m always stuck in T pose whenever i try to play VRchat. its like its not tracking me even tho everything is up and running.
    HELP

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

so you see balls tracking your body. yes?
    in that case you need stand in same pose including hands and press grip or trigger.
    then avatar will start tracking sensors.

SamPieSamPie
    Participant

I am pretty sure i saw 1 or 2 balls with the headset on but they seemed to be all over the place.
    I’m planning on getting PSmove controlers but i dont have them yet so i cant really press grip… so i guess thats why i cant get out of T pose?
    I’m want to make my PSmove setup like Daley Tech (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH_pexsuXaE) but use the kinect for head tracking. should that work?
    Thanks for helping!

SamPieSamPie
    Participant

UPDATE: i have now connected one psmove controler and one psmove camera using the PSMoveSteamVRBridge_1.4.2 tools. It is extremely choppy… i am not sure if its because i only have one camera or if i did something wrong.
    im planning in getting at least one more camera and another controler.
    whats the issue here, is it the lack of cameras? or the psmove tool interfering with drivers4vr?
    also, the controls seems to be reversed, same with the kinect… (right is left, up is down) i dont know why…

keltriverakeltrivera
    Participant

How did you manage to get legs tracking with kinect 360 and riftcat? It stops steamvr server each time I try it. Only head tracking works for me. Do you use head tracking too?

SamPieSamPie
    Participant

I am still unsure if its really working as it should since i have no controllers to really test it as mentioned above.
    however, i can launch steamVR with riftcat and the kinect and it all seems good, no crashes or anything.
    Do you get any error messages? maybe its something i went through.
    Ill be able to update you on my set up once i get Gregs help and i get my hands on more psmove cameras… (probably monday or tuesday)

keltriverakeltrivera
    Participant

Well…I use riftcat + kinect360 + 4 PS Eye cameras and 2 Move controllers (yeah, I believe you need 4 cameras for it to start being usable-ish in 360 degrees). So basically I just run PSMove service (only version 1.1 of steamvr bridge works for me) then open Riftcat and then – start driver4vr. Kinect is recognised as it should be and I get skeleton tracking in preview tab. Everything works ok with just head tracking, but If I try to use it for body tracking as well (the lower on-off switch in driver4vr app) then SteamVR says that Steam VR server is not launched. If I press the server restart button then server restarts, but it stops driver4vr. So yeah…it doesn’t really work for me.

keltriverakeltrivera
    Participant

BTW I’m using it for VRChat too 🙂

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

yes. that is problem I am tracking. it seems like server stops.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

i am not sure if you can try make T pose this way:
    1. look left and leave hand where it shoudld be on the left side of T
    2. then look right. left hand should remain in that place
    3. also move your right hand to second position of T.

SamPieSamPie
    Participant

Greg: ok, i’ll try this as soon as possible, ill be out of town for the weekend though… thanks

Keltrivera and Greg: Check if its not your antivirus/firewall blocking any services, especialy if you have bitdefender, i’ve had a LOT of trouble with that. it would stop scripts from modifying files, prevent the connection to the server, and even mess up the download of driver4vr (error code: 5: Access is denied). reinstall if you have any doubt i guess.

Note: if i want the kinect trackers to show up in the devices running, i have to make sure the body tracking is turned off before i start steamVR, then turning it on, and start the drivers. its odd but you should try doing this and see if it kinda solve it.

keltriverakeltrivera
    Participant

Yeah, I’ve checked it. I have just standard Microsoft Win 10 antivirus. Disabling everything there didn’t help though, server still crashes. Once I’ve manage to run it by manually launching the server beforehand, but it crashed after I hit calibration button as far as I recall. So basically I’m just waiting for fix. I’d even beta test if it needed (@Greg)

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi. server you mean steamvr server or driver4vr windows app?
    can you please send me logs as described here?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.