Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting movement glitch

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    prosody speaksprosodyspeaks
    Participant

sorry if i’ve already posted this, can’t remember where i have and haven’t asked!

i’m using D4VR with vridge a ps4 controller and a daydream controller. the ds4 pad goes through ds4windows first to make it xinput, then D4vr to emulate vive controller.

movement is totally glitched – it’s like i’m trapped between invisible walls or something, i can move a bit in any direction but it quickly starts bouncing me back where i came from….

should i have unbounded movement if steam is in standing only mode? i can’t get room mode – it tells me my play space is too small even though it isn’t, guess it’s not tracking the controller positions and thinks i’m drawing a circle around a stationary position.

or is driver4vr doing something weird?

or is there some quirk of how i need to set things up – maybe ds4windows is no good, but i think d4vr doesn’t have native dinput?

prosody speaksprosodyspeaks
    Participant
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

this ‘glitch’ is a protection to go outside play area.
    i don’t want driver4vr to be this kind of utility 🙂

John SposatoJohn Sposato
    Participant

Hi Greg, I believe this is happening to me also. But the issue is that I am well within my playspace!

Motion will track flawlessly vertically.

But horizontal motion (toward and away from the kinect) gets translated 90 degrees so that my feet in game move perpendicularly to my real motion.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by John SposatoJohn Sposato.
    Daniel Buchmuellerdanjimaru
    Participant

Hi John
    Wow, I thought I was the only one experiencing this. It’s very anoying when the 90 degrees side sweep happens in action games like Beat Saber. Other than this it’s working perfectly. Wish there wasa way to deactivate the screen turning 90 degrees.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.