Homepage Forums General Move orientation in Steamvr

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    AndecAndec
    Participant

I’m sorry if this is like NOOB question but
    is it possible to use driver4vr to have joystick axises move the orientation in steamvr?
    i want to play roomscale while seated.
    I have the Pimax4K and NOLOVR but i don’t have the space for roomscale vr. so i’m thinking of using my rudder pedals or a 3dRudder to move in roomscale vr..

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

basically it is possible but how you would like to use hand controllers while holding joystick?

AndecAndec
    Participant

i Usually don’t use my hands to Control my rudder pedals and the <ontroller i had in mind is the https://www.3drudder.com

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

yes. it is possible. of course we talk here about moving withing 2-3 meter area of room space. to eliminate need for physical move.

if game requires teleportation or joystick then you should use it instead.

AndecAndec
    Participant

Is that supported right now or do you need to add a new feature?

FabianFabian
    Participant

I’d love to use the pedals that came with my racing wheel to move forward and backward.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

so I guess if game uses touchpad to move, i can map this pedals to touchpad and emulate motion. is that what you want ?

AndecAndec
    Participant

No not really.. most games dont allow for free movement.. what i need is joystick axes to be able to move the origo for the headset
    so that the game thinks i’m moving to ward the chaperone bound but i’m sitting still

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

can you give me example of game? we should not make methods that imply behavior not desired by game developers.
    Greg

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.