Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Mixed Reality + Kinect Xbox One setup – how to setup and validate?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ivan VucicaIvan Vucica
    Participant

Hi,

I have a working Mixed Reality and SteamVR setup.

I’ve installed Driver4VR. I’ve left everything off and default, except Body Tracking, configured to Kinect Xbox One skeleton tracking. I’ve calibrated it successfully with either of the methods.

All the trackers are set to ‘not assigned’ and there are no devices to set up the trackers. How do I activate waist and feet trackers? They’re visible in SteamVR’s Manage Vive Trackers, however I cannot tell where the positions of the trackers are.

Assuming I 1) correctly plugged in and set up HMD and controllers (Mixed Reality and SteamVR work), 2) correctly calibrated Kinect for Xbox One (Driver4VR sees the skeleton), what *else* do I need to set up in Driver4VR to see the feet?

What software can I try to see the feet trackers in?

Aside from just calibrating Kinect, I’ve tried clicking around in Driver4VR, I’ve tried to add mouse as a tracker (this seems to have worked, somewhat, but I’m not sure what this does), and things are changing — but the fact is, I don’t have any software that I know of that demonstrates the use of trackers. VRChat and The Path of Greatest Resistance both seem to be behaving very strangely with Driver4VR.

I mean, VRChat is completely confused and I cannot tell at all what’s going on. I can’t describe it; sometimes it’s curling the avatar into a blob on the ground, sometimes it’s floating in the air, sometimes the whole thing is flying around.

Thank you for the opportunity to try this out through a trial; I will be very happy to purchase Driver4VR if I manage to get feet position ingested as Vive Trackers via Kinect, and correctly tracked relative to the existing HMD / controller positions.

Ivan VucicaIvan Vucica
    Participant

And it looks like Path of Greatest Resistance requires a DLC to be downloaded, and the game to be launched slightly differently, at which point the tracking actually kicks in.

It has its own calibration which makes the whole thing work a bit better.

So there is, I suppose, no extra steps that need to be taken. If there’s any further advice, please let me know. I’ll try this out with the trial a bit more and consider a purchase.

Thank you for your hard work!

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

avatar is usually on the ground if legs are not on floor level. you might calibrate room again to ensure that legs are on the floor.
    i will also add height fix button that will bring feets to the ground.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.