Homepage Forums New feature Mapping for rotation

Tagged: 

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    JonnyJonny
    Participant

Hi Greg,

I would like to remap rotation to the analog stick of the psnavi, is that possible? The navi is working fine paired with my psmove with psmove service. But there isn’t a way to map rotation to the touchpad in Driver4VR.

Thanks, I like what you have done with Driver4VR, it is very cool.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

Johny,
    can you tell how did you make PS Navi working? other people have problems setting it up.

you would like to map virtual rotation to ps navi. yes?

Greg

JonnyJonny
    Participant

I just followed the Daley Tech guide here .

I have only tried it wired to usb, using scptoolkit, because I still need a 2nd bluetooth dongle. I have only tried a couple of games and managed to get basic functionality, but the buttons were in the wrong places, just need to change the steamvrsettings config I think.

And yes, virtual rotation to navi, but since scptoolkit uses xinput, I guess rotation in driver4vr would just need to be mapped to the xbox controller?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by JonnyJonny.
    JonnyJonny
    Participant

Actually I was wrong. The navi controller does work for me with SteamVR and PsMove Service. It is detected by psmove service without a problem, but I can’t get xbox emulation working properly. No idea why.

JonnyJonny
    Participant

Ok I also now have xbox input working properly. Just needed a reinstall.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi.
    wehat did you reinstall?

JonnyJonny
    Participant

The problem I was having then was only in usb mode. After I got a bluetooth dongle and reinstalled scptoolkit 1.6 with the bluetooth dongle, it works fine for ordinary non vr games, and steam. Only issue now is mapping not saving properly in driver4vr.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

you mean it is not saving properly when you restart steamvr. yes?
    if you map it properly during one steamvr session it works fine?

JonnyJonny
    Participant

Exactly, yeah.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

i tried different controllers and also different pc and could not reproduce issue. i will send you later this week test version with some extra logs.

JonnyJonny
    Participant

Ok, thanks.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

can u try this release and send me back logs ?
    please start steamvr 3 times so I can see what happens each time.

How to send diagnostic logs

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B97CTM_n2lgMN0JibVotdzAwSzg/view?usp=sharing

JonnyJonny
    Participant

Ok, here it is. Tried 3 times.
    Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hello. i can see you only started once steam in this log. can u make one more test please?

Sun Oct 15 2017 20:19:00.972 – driver4vr: Initializing Driver4VR version: 2.1.0.0

JonnyJonny
    Participant

Hi,

I started steamvr three times, but each time it deletes the log. I copied new 2 logs, and will post them here. I noticed I have the psmove driver still installed. Will try removing it and see what happens.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    JonnyJonny
    Participant

The next one.

Attachments:
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

i can see only 2 devices which is fine… can you send me once more steamvr.vrsettings ? if you don’t mind doing once more configuration of one button.

Wed Oct 18 2017 20:41:56.614 – driver4vr: Enumerating device: {2C8CBB70-132F-11E6-800C-444553540000}
    Wed Oct 18 2017 20:41:56.647 – driver4vr: Enumerating device: {DFC499B0-A226-11E7-8002-444553540000}

JonnyJonny
    Participant

I have decided to give up on the navi for now, and bought a magicsee r1 to try instead. And it works very well. Not as sensitive as the navi but tracks better, and saves mapping every time. So I won’t need to get the navi working any time soon now. It is fine as a spare WASD controller.

I have attached the settings file anyway in case it helps you solve this problem (if it isn’t just me) and get navis working in general. I think the navi controller is all the ones with the 000000000… ids.

JonnyJonny
    Participant

Try again.

JonnyJonny
    Participant

And again…

JonnyJonny
    Participant

Mmm… having trouble uploading the file…

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

i will try upload file.

also I think I found potential problem. i will share test release and i wonder if you would mind testing it.

Greg

Attachments:
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

can you change extension of txt ?

JonnyJonny
    Participant

Here goes.

Attachments:
    JonnyJonny
    Participant

Sure, I don’t mind testing it. Cheers.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

Hi,
    can you please check if that version works with mapping between steamvr sessions?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B97CTM_n2lgMcjJod1J1dHIyNmc/view?usp=sharing

JonnyJonny
    Participant

Hi,

I tried but it gives an immediate crash on a clean installation. I deleted all the driver4vr folders before installing.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

canu please try this one ? it should run smoothly. can u send me also vrserver log and steamvr.vrsettings config please? pllease also try to run steam 2-3 times.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B97CTM_n2lgMX01GQkVUX2ZSZWs/view?usp=sharing

AndecAndec
    Participant

are you using a xbox controller to move in vr?
    i’d really like to do that with my 3dconnexion spacemouse.
    could you give me a few pointer if this is the case?

JonnyJonny
    Participant

Hi Greg,

I tried the new version, and… it works! Excellent work. It didn’t remember the controller the first time I tried but I remapped and tried a second time, and now it seems the navi buttons have been remembered. It shows up as “W” in the device ID.

I will send the logs anyway.

Cheers.

I will let you know if I notice anything.

Attachments:
    JonnyJonny
    Participant

I noticed Psmoves also work well. Not sure if they did before but once paired in psmove service they don’t need psmove service anymore, and mapping is fine. That’s great.

One more thing though, is it possible to get the psnavi trigger working?

And I posted this on another thread, but is controller vibration possible? Cheers.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

great it is working.
    let’s talk about vibration in next year as I have some things to implement right now. ok?
    cheers.

JonnyJonny
    Participant

Sure, thanks.

Duoc NovacoDuoc Pham Novaco
    Participant

Hi all, have a great day.

happythais88 happythais88happythais88
    Participant

Blog provides useful information. Very good

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.